MK - Chapter 29

Friday, October 19th, 2018

Tatianna's POV

"Better yet, who am I?"

"Tatianna, do not be angry. I know what Niko just said is because of a concussion. It better be before I go off in this hospital."

"Your name is Niko Kostopoulos. Niko, I'll be right back with the doctor."

I stood up out of my chair and went to the nurse's station.

"Hi. Can you page Dr. Manilio Masiello, please? Niko Kostopoulos just woke up from his coma. My name is Tatianna."

"I'll page him right away."

"Thank you."

"Dr. Masiello, please report to room 1020."

I waited for Manilio outside of Niko's room. Within five minutes, I saw him step off the elevator, running towards the room.

"Niko came out of his coma, but he asked me who I was."

"Just as I feared. Give me a few minutes to do an exam."

"I'll go sit in the waiting room. I need to call the family."

"I will come and get you."

After walking to the waiting room, I called Lukas, my mom, Aiesha and Matti. I asked them to come as soon as they could. Lukas said Nana Dory is coming with him.

In the meantime, I went to the cafeteria to grab a bite to eat. After ordering something to eat, I went back upstairs to the waiting room.

Within 20 minutes, Lukas, Nana Dory, Cass, and Evangeline had arrived.

"Niko came out of his coma awhile ago."

"That's great news, Tatianna," Nana Dory says.

"But, Niko has Amnesia. To what extent, I do not know. Manilio is in Niko's room as we speak."

"That's not great news."

"No, it's not. And, when Niko saw me, he asked who I was."

"Oh no. That's not good at all. I'm sorry, Tatianna."

"We are going to have to be patient with Niko to help him gain his memory back."

My parents, along with Aiesha and Matti, entered the waiting room.

"Is Niko okay?" Matti asked.

"He came out of his coma, but Niko has Amnesia."

"Oh no. That could last for days or even months."

Manilio entered the room. "Niko is getting an x-ray and CT scan. Once he comes back, I will take three at a time to see Niko. Who would like to go first?"