MK - Chapter 27

Saturday, September 15th, 2018

Niko's POV

It's a beautiful, sunny day outside, so I am lounging by Tatianna's pool, scrolling through Twitter on my tablet. I only scroll through Twitter when I am bored. People post some of the dumbest things on social media sites, which is the main reason why I rarely look at it.

So far, things have been great after that doctor's appointment. After having that eye exam Tatianna scheduled, I discovered I need to wear glasses every day now. Dang, it. I don't like them, but Tatianna says the glasses make me sexier. Maybe down the road, I will try contacts.

We found out our wedding website is now completed, so we are picking out save the date cards.

I heard heels clicking, meaning Tatianna is coming to join me. When I looked up from my tablet, I was in awe.

 When I looked up from my tablet, I was in awe

I couldn't help but whistle. "Well, well, well, have a seat right here in my lap."

"I just thought of something that will make both of us happy."

"What's the idea?"

"Niko, when you went to the doctor two weeks ago, I started feeling afraid that your migraines would be the result of another medical condition. I panicked and started thinking the worse was going to happen to you while Matti and I ate lunch. He stayed with me the whole day. Matti is the best brother-in-law ever."

"I thought the worse myself but was beyond relieved at the results. With your help, my blood pressure will stay in check. Count on it. And the readings you have taken are showing that. I'll take the journal to my next appointment. Granted I will still have the migraines. But, I also need to work on less stress. I'm so lucky to have you keeping me in check, forever."

"Nana Dory and I were talking a few days ago. She came up with a wonderful idea. I loved it. So, here is the idea - you and I are taking a two-week vacation. Matti, Aiesha, and Nana Dory said yes to coming with us for a weekend. Cass knows, but she will not be able to come that weekend."