MK - Chapter One

Friday, January 6th, 2017

Tatianna's POV

One more patient for the day and I will be done. It can be hectic, but I love what I do. As a Family Physician, I get to see patients of various ages, from newborn to elderly. And, I was able to work at the hospital that was my first choice - Memorial General Hospital. My friends, Yuki and Akiko work here too.

Once we get off work, we are going to meet Celeste and Kendall for dinner.

"Hey, Tori, who is my next patient?" Victoria is my receptionist. Each family care doctor in the hospital has its own receptionist.

Tori grabs the folder and says, "You have Mrs. Lewis next." She hands me the folder.

"Thanks, Tori." Then, I opened the door to the waiting room.

" Then, I opened the door to the waiting room

"Mrs. Lewis." She then proceeds to get up, along with her daughter, out of her chair and I can instantly tell something is wrong by the way she is walking.

"Take your time, Mrs. Lewis." Mrs. Lewis so far is the oldest patient that I have. She is 80 years old.

Once we made it to an exam room, I washed my hands and put on a pair of gloves. Then, I helped Mrs. Lewis on the exam table.

"Mrs. Lewis, what can I help you with today?"

"Sweetie, my right arm is bothering me. It hurts trying to lift it."

"My mom had a fall this morning. She didn't want to come to the hospital, but I caught her holding her arm, so I brought her in." Her daughter says.

"Okay. Is it just your arm, Nana?" Mrs. Lewis told me to call her that because I am like a granddaughter to her.

"My back bothers me a little too."

"Okay. I am going to have you wheeled to get some x-rays taken and I'll see what is going on."

*************************************

"Thank you for your help, Tori. Have a good night and a great weekend."

"You too, Tati." I watched her to make sure she got in her car safe. Once she pulled off, I went to meet up with Yuri and Akiko.

"Hey ladies, where are we going tonight to eat?"

"Celeste and Kendall picked a different place for us tonight. We, my friend, are going to a Greek restaurant. And, afterward, we are going to The Legacy nightclub for dancing and drinks." Yuri mentions to me.

"Okay, so are we changing at my condo?"

Akiko then says, "That is the plan. Aiesha, Celeste and Kendall are coming over as well."

"Let's go ladies."

Once I graduated through medical school, my parents bought me what I always dreamed of having - a Mercedes Benz G-Class SUV.