MK - Chapter 33

Monday, March 4th, 2019

Niko's POV

It's been three weeks since Tatianna chewed me out and talked to me. It's driving me insane. And, I can't fake sick and go to the medical office. At least we are still getting married.

I heard a knock on my office door. I looked up and saw Ethan.

"Niko, are you going to be a sourpuss all day?" Ethan said while chuckling. "Your meeting with the executive team starts in 15 minutes."

"Thanks, Ethan."

******************

Thank goodness the workday is over. Matti and Aiesha invited me to dinner at their house.

After parking in the driveway, I got out and went to knock on the door. Aiesha answered the door.

"Hi, Niko. Come on in."

"Thanks, Aiesha. How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling okay at the moment. I'm ready for Ms. Maia to be born already. We are eating dinner on the patio tonight."

I followed Aiesha out to the patio. I saw Matti cooking on the grill, so we walked over to him.

"Hey, bro. Thanks for the invite to dinner."

"You're welcome, Niko." He had a mischievous grin on his face. What is he up to?

"What are you up to?"

"Nothing. Why did you ask that?"

"Because I can tell when my brother is up to something."

"Stop playing, Niko. I just wanted to invite my favorite brother over for dinner because I am sure you're not eating properly."

"Favorite brother? I'm your only brother. You're right about that last part, though. It's been three weeks since Tatianna chewed me out. We haven't spoken since then. And, when she did, it was work-related. You know I don't mess up, but this time is bad. Tatianna is the only one for me, and I hope I haven't messed that up."

"Bad is right. But, it looks like you are learning your lesson."

"Trust me, bro. I have learned my lesson big time. Last week, I felt a migraine, but I couldn't call Tatianna. So, I asked Ethan to drive me home. You know I don't just trust anyone to drive my SUVs."

"No, you don't. But, it looks like you are finally listening," Matti said with arched eyebrows.

"Haha. You're right, though. Hopefully, I'm soon to become a husband, and I want so much to be a father."

"And, you will have those things. I'm glad you are listening and called Ethan. That's all I wanted from you, Niko."

I turned around and saw Tatianna standing in the patio doorway. So, that's why Matti had that mischievous grin on his face.