MK - Chapter 34

Sunday, April 21st, 2019

Tatianna's POV

After cleaning up from the baby shower, we stayed up late last night, talking and having fun with the family.

"I've never seen so many packs of diapers in my life. Maia's closet and the hallway closet are filled to the max with diapers. And the library is packed with gifts. That was a great game. And, thank you for giving the winners a trip, Niko. That was sweet. Sabryna talked about it for most of the night."

"Thank you, Aiesha. I was excited for her too. Family is number one to me. Always has been, and it always will be."

"Who won the diaper pins game?" Sophia asked.

"That would be me. My Nana Dalia was the other winner of the game."

Graeme mentioned, "You're good, Tatianna. My pin was gone within 15 minutes by Janiyah."

Janiyah replied, "It sure was. But, Griffin ended up with both pins."

"Yup. I sure did. I took Sophia's pin too." We all chuckled.

"Thanks, Graeme. It was harder than I usually played in the past because of how many words. But I made it. And, sorry about my family harassing you for autographs all night."

"It's all good."

"Thank you all for staying today to help us open the gifts. It's going to be hard trying to find space to put everything."

"Aiesha, for the family that flew into town, we asked them to get Maia clothes. That way, the family could travel light. We got you guys things like cribs, baby carriers, changing tables, etc."

"We couldn't just buy baby clothes. We bought some more baby gifts the day we flew in from Chicago," Sophia says. "Griffin came up with the idea, and I agreed with him. Children are special. And I'm next."

We all laughed at that one. "Sophia, we didn't even plan on a specific person to get that cupcake."

"That's okay. If I really am the next one pregnant, I'm looking forward to it. I always wanted to become a mom."

"Cris, Kami, Bliss, and Shane wanted to come but couldn't make it. They did send gifts for Maia," Niko added.

"Aww, now I'm going to cry. You all are too sweet."

Aiesha kept her word and cried. I wrapped my arm around her. "We are one big family, honey. We got your back, both you and Matti. After we finish breakfast, let's go open your gifts."

"Okay."

****************

Narrator's POV

Baby shower number two, which took place in Jamaica, came quickly. Aiesha and Matti had a great time. They received so many gifts again that it was enough to create a baby room at three different houses.