MK - Chapter 11

Opening Video - Beautiful by Christina Aguilera

Friday, January 19th, 2018

Tati's POV

I couldn't dance anymore. I unwrapped myself from Niko's embrace and walked away to my room in tears.

"Tati! Tati!" I heard Aiesha and my mom calling my name, but I didn't want to stop. As soon as I made it to my room, I closed the door, dropped on my bed and cried. Nobody loves me. How could he say that?! I'm too dark to be loved by anyone. If I bought a dog or cat, they wouldn't even love me.

After a few minutes, I heard a knock on the door. I didn't say one word. Then, whoever it was opened it. I had a feeling who it was.

"Having you in my arms at that moment felt so beautiful and perfect. I couldn't keep it to myself anymore. I meant what I said, Tatianna. I am hopelessly in love with you."

"Talk is cheap, Niko. Talk is what I listened to the last time with him. I was fooled once. It won't happen again. I'm unlovable."

"If I could find the world's biggest megaphone, I would scream it out to the world that I love you, Tatianna. And, stop saying you are unlovable. Why can't you see that I love you? I'm nothing like Jay. Nothing. I love you from head to toe. Since the first day we met, I made it my mission to make you mine. You are beautiful, Tatianna. Please believe that."

"How can I believe that I am beautiful? All people ever do is talk about how dark I am. It hurts to hear that crap."

"People talk about somebody because they are clearly jealous. I would give you my blood if I could to show you how much you mean to me. I am never giving up on you. I will always defend you, until the day I die, whether we are just friends or more than that."

I sat up from the bed and turned to face Niko, tears and all.

"I know you will because I have seen it. But, I'm afraid to give you my heart. It's just too shattered. Dancing is my passion. I absolutely love it. I was walking away from the party because just watching everyone dance brought back the reason I was in those horrible casts."

Niko grabbed my hands and helped me to the couch in the room. He sat down first, then I sat next to him. Then he hugged me.

"We can stay in here if you would like. I'm sorry, Tatianna. I really am. I always had a suspicion about that evil ex. But I saw how happy you were. I couldn't break up your happiness. I hate him for what he did to you. Every guy out in the world is not like Jay, Tatianna. Matti cares about you, my father cares about you, and so does my grandpa. Both of my grandma's care about you too. And, look at my aunt's. They don't just hug anyone. And, your dad loves you. My grandmother even wanted to punish Jay and his band of idiots."