MK - Chapter 24

Saturday, August 18th, 2018

Tatianna's POV

"Niko, don't say a word until your mom finishes talking. Understand?"

He was about to protest, so I pinched his arm.

"Ouch!! Woman, those nails are sharp. Okay, I promise to stay quiet."

Aiesha, Matti, and Evangeline took a seat at the bridal table.

"I want to say thank you, Aiesha for inviting me to the wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and I love the reception as well. And I also owe you and Tatianna a massive apology. I don't know if Matti and Niko showed you the letter they had me write, but I was one of those nosy mothers who stuck their nose in their kid's relationships."

"Niko did show me the letter. I did believe it was heartfelt."

"Believe me when I say it was. Lukas and I had met at a party. Over time, we fell in love with each other. Lukas approached my parents about us getting married. That's when my father dropped the bomb that I was set up to be in an arranged marriage. For over a year, my father and I had fights because I didn't want any part of an arranged marriage. My father was not a happy man, but the arranged marriage was off. Lukas and I were married within a few months after that. For a bit, my father didn't speak to me. It took me until this year to see that I was doing the same thing to my children as my father did to me. I'm sure you ladies must have thought that I was prejudice, but I am not."

"That thought did cross my mind. Evangeline, you called me and Aiesha some terrible names. Even the looks you gave us were not pleasant. Aiesha and I assumed that you hated us."

"I was more upset that Matti and Niko did not stay with whom I thought were the perfect choices for them. I was just as surprised that Ana had been released from prison, but that didn't stop me from still trying to force Ana on Niko. The worst thing for me to do was even bring Ana to yours and Niko's engagement party."

"You think?"

"Lukas and Dorcas were pretty angry at me when they came home from the party. The way you went off and even the smack, knocked some sense into me. It reminded me of the way I fought my father for Lukas."

"I really am sorry about that. It's just that I have never experienced what it felt to be loved by a man in my life. Niko is the first and only man to love me. I am willing to do whatever it takes to make sure Niko is mine. I love your son very much, Evangeline."

"Tatianna, you don't owe me an apology for what you did or said that night."

"She sure don't," Niko said, then I sure did pinch his leg. "Ouch, woman!"

"Yes, I do. I hadn't snapped like that in a long time. Evangeline, your Niko's mother. My parents always told us to respect one another. I was upset that I let that happened to you. But as for Ana, she deserved it. Who in their right mind would think it's okay to cheat and steal 2 million dollars, then try to date them again? I had to get my point across that Niko was forever mine."