MK - Chapter 30

Monday, October 29th, 2018

Tatianna's POV

It has one week since Niko came out of his coma. His health is improving, except for his memory. He even told me about some nurses that have tried to flirt with him. He may not remember that we are engaged, but he sure did tell those nurses off. So did I because it is unprofessional to flirt with patients.

I spoke to Janiyah, Griffin, Cris, and Shane. Cris and Shane said they would come for a visit later because they won't be able to make it. Janiyah and Griffin are flying from Chicago and Houston today. Matti is going to pick them up from the airport.

As for work, Lukas has taught me so much in a short amount of time. Just as I thought, several executives had an issue because I was chosen to help with running the company. Lukas shut that down quick. Niko gets his firmness and 'don't play with me attitude' from Lukas.

Cass, Aiesha, and I are sitting in the waiting room with my parents.

"Tati and Aiesha, your mom and I are going to get something to eat. Would you ladies like anything?"

"Yes, dad. Thank you. Anything is okay with me."

As soon as my parents left the waiting room, Matti, Janiyah, and Griffin entered.

"Hi, Tatianna. How are you?" Janiyah asked. I went to hug her first.

"Considering the situation, I am hanging in there. Hi, Griffin. Thank you both for coming." I went to hug him next.

"Hi, Tatianna. And, you're welcome. How is Niko doing?"

"He is improving, but still has Amnesia. This past week, several nurses tried to take advantage of the fact that he has Amnesia by trying to flirt. He told them off, and I did as well."

"Seriously? What is wrong with people?"

"I said the same thing, Janiyah. Niko may not remember we are engaged, but he sure does whistle every time I leave the room."

"That's a good sign, right? He still has eyes only for you."

"Griffin, I do take it as a good sign. Whatever it takes to bring his memory back, I will do it. Niko's parents and Nana are in his room now. Once they come back, I'll take you both to visit with him. Oh, and you both are staying at my house."

"Thanks, Tatianna."

"You're welcome, Griffin. Please call me Tati. Only my family and close friends can call me that."