MK - Chapter Eight

Niko's POV

"Welcome to our, uh, I mean my home - Casa Kostopoulos." Almost slipped up. It will eventually be our house.

"You have a beautiful home, Niko

"You have a beautiful home, Niko." I put the Cullinan in park, and everyone parked behind me.

"Thank you. Wait until I show you the back yard. Tatianna, you can ask me for anything you need. I have day and night nurses to be there whenever you need. Also, a therapist team will be coming. And, I have a gym that is available for them to use. You will also have a personal chef to fix whatever you would like to eat. For your stay, your bedroom is on the first floor of the house."

"Thank you, Niko. But, how am I ever going to pay you back for all you have done for me?"

I almost became angry but didn't because I know she is serious. "Listen, Tati. I want you to focus on continuing to get better. Don't ever think about paying me back. And, before you say a word let me finish what I have to say. I want to heal your heart and win it over. I'm not having you stay at my house to buy your affections. My offer for you to stay is sincere. My feelings for you are strong. I know you just got out of that horrid relationship. I wanted to be with you since we first met at my club. When I finally broke free from that trifling ex of mine, you were the one that I wanted. But, I saw how happy you were with Jay. So, I couldn't break your relationship. Now, I wish I did. I know who I want in my future, and it is you. You bring out a side of me that was deeply hidden - a softer, gentle Niko. One day, I want the chance to treat you like you deserve to be treated - like a queen."

Tatianna shed a few tears. "I don't know what to say. You're right, I do need to focus on continuing to get better so I can get back to work and help Aiesha with her wedding. But, as far as another relationship, I don't know if I can ever let it happen again. That really hurt me. Thank you for being honest with me. And, thank you for your sincerity because I was going to ask. I have been out on my own since college. I don't depend on anyone for anything. That is why I asked about paying you back."

"Let's get out of the truck, so I can show you to your room. I'm sorry for dropping that on you now. But, I couldn't hold it inside anymore. I will never pressure you, Tatianna. You're just too beautiful to ignore," I said to her before we got out of the truck.

Both nurses came out of the house with a wheelchair for Tatianna. I had a ramp built so that she would be able to come in and out of the house. I did the same thing for the back deck.

When she saw who her nurses were she was surprised. "Yuri and Akiko?!! B-b-but how did you get here before us? I just saw you guys at the hospital."

"Surprise! When we heard Niko talking to the President of the hospital, we offered. We didn't want you to just have anybody. You are our best friend, Tati. Of course, we are going to take care of you. And, we immediately left after your press conference."