MK - Chapter 31

Saturday, December 1st, 2018

Tatianna's POV

"Niko, you are going to have two surprise visitors this weekend. Matti is picking them up from the airport as we speak."

Cris and Shane called me last night to say they were coming today.

"Who is coming?"

"Niko, I said they were your surprise visitors. It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you who was coming."

Niko gave me his mischievous eyes.

"Don't even try it, buddy. What food would you like for brunch?" Matti better hurry up.

"I'm glad you clarified the word 'food.' Since my family is Greek, I would like a Grecian breakfast."

"Okay." Niko then wheeled himself out of the kitchen. He alternates using his crutches and the wheelchair.

I'm going to fix Niko his favorite breakfast dish - Sfougato. (Greek-style omelet). While I started mixing the ingredients for Niko's brunch, I heard the front door open. It must be Matti with Shane and Cris.

"I'm in the kitchen!!!"

I heard footsteps, so I turned around to see who was coming.

"Hi, Cris and Shane. It's good to see you guys again. Welcome. Are you both hungry? I'm fixing brunch for Niko."

"Hi, Tatianna. It's great to see you too. Thanks for the offer, but I'm okay. I'll eat something later," Shane replied.

"I'm okay too, Tatianna. Thank you," Cris then says.

"I'm not sure where Niko went, but I'll go find him."

"He's out on the patio, Tati. Cris and Shane, I'll take you there."

"Thanks, Matti."

Niko's POV

It's a shame I have Amnesia. I can't remember anything about this house. I can't believe I own this place. It's magnificent.

I saw my brother walking my way with two dudes I'm not familiar with. I wonder who they are?

"Hey, Niko. Two more of your best friends wanted to visit with you. Standing on next to me are Cris Fiore and Shane Landes."

"Oh, so you guys must be my surprise visitors. Have a seat. I have two questions for you. The first one is how did we become friends? And, what do you do for a living?"

Cris - "We met back in 2014. I was fresh out of college and attended my first business conference. My father and grandparents helped me to open a winery. My winery was small at the time. But now, my wine is selling worldwide. You and I sat at the same table at the conference. We just started talking and instantly became friends."