seventytwo.

hey, i missed y'all. xoxo 🤍

* NAME CHANGE : I changed Lennox's name to Kameron just so y'all know before y'all start reading this chapter.

Also, EXCUSE ANY ERRORS. Okay now, happy reading! 🤗

FIVE WEEKS LATER.

"... Police are still investigating the murder of eighteen year old Christian London and have not yet found the suspects they believed are involved. They have even offered a fifty thousand dollar reward for anyone who has any information about the murder and—"

ABC7 news anchor Cheryl Hall's voice was cut short when Tariq hurriedly changed TV channels. His father snapped his head in his direction and eyed him with a frown on his face,"Aye," He called out, swallowing the steak he was grubbing on. "I was watchin' that."

"That shit sad Pops, I'on wanna see that."

"Wasn't that lil' nigga one of yo' lil' homies? I remember you bringin' him by the crib once or twice. Ain't heard you say nothin' about his death. You ain't even go to the funeral did you?"

"Nah I heard it was just a family kinda' thing, I ain't wanna' intrude."

"You didn't wanna intrude." Kanan, Tariq's father mocked him while laughing and cutting more of his steak off of the bone,"Aight Tariq."

"What?" Tariq looked at his dad with a frown, confused at what he found funny and why he found it funny. Honestly, because he knew his father knew him like no one else, he was scared that his father suspected he was involved in Chris' death. "What dad?"

It was when Kanan responded,"Tariq, you know you my son right? I know you like the back of my hand. Ever since that kid died you been movin' funny and I'm familiar with paranoia. I was the same way after I watched a friend of mine get killed in front of me. You know somethin' about that kid's death Tariq?"

Tariq's voice got caught in his throat and he had no clue what to say. If he said anything pertaining to Chris' death that could land him and Jaylon in a really messed up situation and he didn't want that. Besides, Tariq felt like his dad finding out would be way worse than the police solving Chris' murder and arresting them.

"You did that shit huh?"

"No!" Tariq answered quickly, shaking his head with furrowed eyebrows,"No, I didn't do it but I– I was there." He exhaled sharply,"I had somethin' to do with it and it was my idea to jack him in the first place. I ain't have any intentions on dude dyin' though, I didn't think Jaylon would take it that far."

"Oh so ya' friend Jaylon did it?" Swallowing hard, Tariq hesitantly nodded his head,"Oh so now you rattin' your homie out? I thought you was a street nigga now Tariq? I see you young niggas don't follow the code no more these days." Clearing his breakfast plate, Kanan stood to his feet and walked into the kitchen.

Shaking his head he couldn't help but to laugh,"You boys done fucked up now. Do you know what you've gotten yourself into Tariq? You go out and get yourself caught up in some bullshit because you wanna' live this street nigga persona you know nothin' about. I get it, me being a kingpin wasn't the best representation for you growin' up and it still isn't but you- you know better Tariq. You know better!"