fifteen.

Ermias did the honors of walking her over to the passenger's side, making sure to pettily toss the bouquet of white roses he was surprising her with into her lap before slamming the door unintentionally but intentionally.

He'd gone out of his way per usual to put Karlae first. He knew she felt a way about being ambushed the other night and being that today was always a tough day he wanted to do a little something to cheer her up. Ermias had no idea he'd walk into this though; his girl sitting down with the same abusive ex she said she was completely over.

"Hussle," She called his name out as he got comfortable behind the wheel,"baby it's not like that, I swear." She tells him, watching him put the car in reverse and back out of the parking spot.

"Yea aight." He says in a tone that told her he didn't believe a word she said no matter how convincing she thought she sounded. She could tell that she obviously wasn't about to get through to him at the moment so she shut up.

The thirty minute car ride to Karlae's place was dead silent. Ermias was pissed to say the least, so he was silently trying to choose his words wisely in his head careful not to say the wrong thing and Karlae on the other hand was terrified. She really didn't know what to expect from an angry Ermias and she was honestly dreading going home because she knew where this was headed; a huge argument and her finally having to tell him the truth.

She kept her eyes focused on her phone, texting Né back and forth. She was using her communication with Jhené as an excuse to not look Ermias' way; she felt terrible because she knew how this looked to him and she knew he was way past livid, he was whatever the highest level of mad is. The intense silence and thick tension had her sick to her stomach and at this point, all Karlae wanted to do was go hide under a rock. She wanted to do anything to avoid Ermias right now.

As her long acrylics steadily tapped against the screen, Ermias slowed the car down as they approached the last stoplight right around the corner from Karlae's house. Her nails hitting the phone screen was the only noise that could be heard in the car. The faster she typed, the more upset Ermias became and before they both knew it he snatched her phone out of her hand and tossed it.

Karlae's jaw dropped as she stared at her empty hands. Slowly, she turned to see Ermias rolling his window back up,"Are you fucking serious? Give me my damn phone back!"

Ermias didn't say a word. He just slowly turned his head, locked eyes with her for a long second then put his eyes back on the road when the traffic light turned green.

"Oh my fucking—" Karlae sighed softly, leaning back in the seat and angrily folding both arms across her chest. She felt like Hussle had absolutely no reason to carelessly throw her phone out of the window all because she was texting her bestfriend. "You are doin' too damn much."

"Shut the fuck up," He told her. "You mad 'cause you can't text yo' other nigga no more? Tell that nigga to get you a new phone then."

"How I'ma tell him if I don't have a fucking phone?"

"Don't fuckin' play with me. Hood don't test me like that," He says making her roll her eyes.

"But it's not eve— okay Ermias." Licking her lips, she sighed and began to stare out of the window. Her heart rate increased when she realized they were pulling up at her place. Finding a park, Ermias turned the car's ignition off and looked at her until her eyes met his.