fiftyone.

".. Hey lady you still wanna' meet up with me tonight for drinks? It's been some days since we kicked it, I wanted to call and check in with you."

"Hey boo and I'm not sure yet girl, I know I said I would but I have meetings literally all day today so I'll have a definite answer for you when I get off of work. I just might need a drink when today's over, hell."

Karlae's friend laughed at her on the other end of the phone,"Alright girly well just let me know. Do you have a little time to talk? I just wanna' play catch up with you, we haven't talked in a few days boo."

"Yea girl I'm in my office chillin' for right now, just responding to emails and stuff. What you been up to?"

"Nothin' girl just takin' care of my baby and workin' honey. I need this break tonight, I swear I do. I love my baby but I'm 'bout ready to pull all my gotdamn hair out."

"When does Joey come back home Tai?" Tai; pronounced [Tie] is a mom from the support group Karlae joined a while ago. Ever since she joined back in late August, she's been feeling much better about herself personally and as a mother.

In a way, this is like therapy for her. She's been able to share her story raw and uncut, learn coping skills from other moms who have also dealt and are still dealing with post partum depression, and above all of this she feels safe. It's been made clear thag their support group is a nonjudgmental space.

"Ugh, next Thursday. He just left yesterday but I feel like he's literally been gone forever. He just found out they need him to stay a couple more days for some important meeting with another tech company."

"Aw boo," Karlae pouted,"that sucks."

"I know right? But I'ma just thug it out girl I'ain't got no other choice but to. How've you been though mama?"

"I've been good," Karlae smiled happily,"I've been doing really good."

"Girl it sound like you been gettin' some dick. Lemme find out you been over there shackin' up which is why I ain't heard from yo' ass?"

"No bitch," Karlae laughed,"I wish girl but no, that is not the case. Ain't nobody hittin' nothin' over here sis. I've just been genuinely happy for a while now, I feel good. I have my days but overall I'm really happy."

"Well that's good to hear boo, I'm happy you're happy. 'Cause when we first met you was fucked up bitch."

"Girl fuck you, you was too. But we got each other through that shit so it's all good, it's all love." Karlae says as they both laugh together,"That's crazy it feels like we met so long ago and not just two months ago."

"Right!" Tai agreed with a laugh,"Maybe we were friends in our past life or somethin'. Cause you my girl, I love you friend."

"Aw I love you too T. How's the baby?"

"Girl Frankie's doing good, but she got her shots today so she's been super cranky this morning. My poor baby. How's Lennox?"

"He's good, he's with his dad right now."

"Oh okay, good! How are y'all? Karlae don't tell me y'all are still avoidin' each other after all of this time girl."