twentytwo.

"... Calm down babe." Karlae says to Ermias quietly, rubbing his knee soothingly as he bounced his left leg up and down vigorously. Leaning back in the hospital's waiting area chair, he threw his head back against the wall and sighed heavily as if he was stressed. So badly Karlae wanted to tell him Ms. Angelique would be fine but honestly, she didn't know. Hell, no one did.

Right after her surgeon Dr. Austin took her into an emergency surgery, he sent one of his residents out to Angelique's family to tell them what he knew so far. They learned that the heart attack was pretty severe and she had several blood clots in her arteries that possibly caused this.

That was about thirty minutes ago, and surgery is no where near over with. Angelique had coded out three times in the past half hour and the doctors have been working hard in the operation room to make sure she doesn't do it again for a fourth time.

Making her way back down the hall, Samantha reclaimed her seat on the other side of Karlae. Getting comfortable in her seat, she handed Karlae's Lays salt and vinegar chips over along with her bottled water to drink.

"Thank you sister."

"You're welcome boo. I just seen Jhené and auntie Tracee 'nem when I went out to my car for some change, they're probably about to be up here in a minute."

"Oh okay." Quietly, Karlae opened her chips and popped one in her mouth. She tried chewing as quiet as possible because the silence that sat upon them in the waiting room would've made her crunching awkward. Looking up, she spotted auntie Tracee, Né, and Né's little sister Yahri making their way down the hall towards the family with Granny walking between them.

Yahri & aunt Tracee

Yahri & aunt Tracee. Granny Dianne. Jhené.

"Hey," Aunt Tracee breaths out, finally finding a seat to sit in. "have the doctors came out and said anything yet?"

"Just that it was pretty severe and they gon' do all they can to save her," Pops spoke up, standing to hug his nieces. Although he and Angelique had divorced many years ago he still looked at her family as his own and treated them no different. "that's about it though. That's all we know."

Tracee exhaled softly. "Whew, Jesus. Cover my little sister, Lord."

"He will, my God is far too merciful. Angel is strong, she's a fighter and she will get through this." Granny assures everyone before demanding they all grab hands and bow their heads so she could pray. Her long prayer had put everyone at ease but it didn't change the fact that everyone was still being impatient too.

Especially an agitated Lori who felt like she had better things to do. She had been complaining about any and everything since they made it to the hospital. Exhaling heavily, she shifted in her seat while rolling her eyes.