thirtysix.

surprisingly Karlae was calm while Ermias' nerves were all over the place. casually leaning against the kitchen counter Karlae spoke with her midwife over the phone explaining to her what happened,"I had been feeling contractions all day but they weren't bad, so I thought they were just braxton hicks. So me and my boyfriend walked around the fair for about an hour, came home and went to bed or whatever. Like two hours later, I started feeling leaking and then when I looked down it was like a nice size wet spot. And then it just happened again, it's not a gush but it's a slow leak."

"Okay, you said it's like a slow leak. Are you contracting yet?" Marley, her midwife asks from the other end.

"No ma'am, not yet." But from the way she was feeling, her contractions were gonna' start pretty soon and pretty hard,"I do feel alot of pressure down there but I'm not contracting yet."

"And how long has it been since your water broke?"

Checking the time on her phone Karlae read one forty five AM, so it's been about two hours since her water broke,"Two hours just about."

"Okay, and you feel okay right now correct?"

"Yea." Karlae says out of breath as her chest heaved up and down,"Yes ma'am, I actually feel okay right now."

"Okay, great. So I recommend you to stay home until the contractions start because you're not in what I like to call it, established labour. You're way more likely to have fewer interventions, smoother labor and quick delivery if you wait it out."

Karlae exhaled sharply,"Okay, sounds great. So just wait it out until my contractions start and then come up there?"

"Yup, just stay home until the labour becomes stronger and your contractions become regular," Marley suggested before suggesting things that could ease Karlae's future labor pain,"Have a massage, bounce on your exercise ball, walk around the house or you can even sleep through it if you want since it's so late. Make sure you keep yourself hydrated too."

"Okay, will do. Thank you so much Marley, you've been such a big help this whole time."

"No problem mama," Marley says smiling on the other end of the phone,"It's finally happening, he's coming forreal this time."

"Whew! I knooow," Karlae said laughing with Marley,"I'm so like .. nervous. I get chills just thinkin' about it, like I'm really about to have a baby in the next couple of hours." Walking over to the stove, she checked on the rest of Lennox's new bottles she was sterilizing in boiling hot water. "I ain't gon' lie to you Marley, I'm scared."

"Oh honey don't be, you have nothing to worry about mama. You're in good hands with us, we're gonna' make sure you and baby Lennox are well taken care of. Alright?"

Exhaling softly Karlae nodded her head,"Mmkay, thank you again Marley."

"No problem. Remember, I'm only a phone call away so call me if you need anything alright? I'll be here to help."

"Alright, see you later." Ending their phone call, Karlae sat her phone down on the kitchen counter and continued watching over the bottles. It had gotten too quiet in the house making her wonder where Ermias was,"Babe! Where you at!"

Jogging down the last few steps on the staircase with two CHANEL duffle bags in his hand Ermias let his presence be known after dropping them off at the door then joining her in the kitchen,"I'm right here baby."