eleven.

Nipsey Hussle's I Don't Give A Fucc played from the car's radio as Karlae and Rico rode down West 102nd Street. She sat quietly in the passenger's seat, staring out of the window avoiding Rico and paying close attention to this distinct voice that filled her ears.

She was familiar with this particular song and raspy voice because Rico frequently plays it wherever they are; whether it be at home, in the car, or at his photography studio. Ironically, he and Karlae met through a photoshoot Karlae did for the cover of KING magazine January 2011.

For weeks he tried taking her on a date but everytime he asked her out, she politely declined and kept it moving. It wasn't until one she got bored at home one night and decided to respond to him shooting his shot earlier that day. Her friends were busy and she had nothing better to do so she finally took him up on his offer.

For the first four months, Rico was the perfect guy. He was way too good to be true and although Karlae always thought this in the back of her mind, she ignored her thoughts and her gut feeling because Rico had her completely blind to all the red flags he showed her in plain sight.

She'll never forget the first day he ever put his hands on, but she'll also never forget the very last. As they rode down 102nd street bumping Hussle's music in the hood, she sang along knowing Rico would become upset. His insecurities usually started to show whenever Karlae had dealings with another male; whether it be speaking to guys she knows out in public, singing along to male's artists lyrics; particularly the one's she's been a leading lady for, or anything of that nature.

Rico absolutely hated for Karlae to even look another man's way, only because he knew she deserved better and, well, look at her. She's drop dead gorgeous and the caliber of a woman she is, that's a wife. Any good man would deserve to have her, and Rico thought she'd stay with him forever.

He was wrong.

Frowning, Rico looked over at her,"The fuck you singin' this nigga's song for? You know this nigga Karlae?"

She sighed heavily,"No, Rico."

"Watch yo' fuckin' tone Karlae," He snapped as she giggled, shaking her head. He was taken aback because usually she'd sit there quiet and take it but this time, she was completely over it and sick of his shit. "What's funny? You must be fuckin' this nigga huh?"

"No," She shook her head. "I don't know him baby. I only want you, you know that."

"Well you need to start fuckin' actin' like it," He says, pulling into the nearest Shell gas station. Pulling up to the pump number one, he put the car in park and took the key from the ignition,"don't you even think about gettin' out this car either. I got childlock on that door."

She said nothing in response and watched him get out of the car and slam the door shut. He walked around the front of the car, staring at her through the front windshield before walking into the gas station. While he went to the restroom, Karlae tried her best to ignore his phone continuously vibrating in the cup holder but eventually it began to irritate her so she picked it up to do something about it. Catching a glimpse of all the new notifications on his screen, she frowned at the name Gabriella with a red heart sending him multiple messages at a time.

Looking back in the store, she made sure Rico was nowhere to be found before unlocking his phone and going through their messages. He had a whole 'nother family with this Gabriella chick and from the messages and images Gabriella sent of the baby, she had to be atleast two years old. Karlae's heart dropped when she realized he'd not only been a physically, emotionally, and mentally abusive and manipulating asshole, he was hiding a family from her.