ten.

" .. These are super cuuute," Karlae says, looking at her reflection in one of the many mirrors inside of the Prada store. Watching Ermias inch up behind her, she then turned to face him,"What you think about these?"

"They fly," He says honestly with a head nod. Grabbing her by the waist, he turned her body so she could look at herself in the mirror again,"see. Look how fly you look wit' them shades on girl." He cracked a smile watching her giggle and take them off. "You want 'em?"

"Mmmm," She thought, putting them back on just to make sure she loved them before paying for them and wasting money. "yea, I do. I want 'em."

"Aight. Keep lookin' around, you might see somethin' else you like."

She nodded her head in response, walking away from him to look around the rest of the store by herself. Ermias did the same, occasionally looking around to spot Karlae and make sure she was okay.

"... yea, Né and Karrigan told me about the lil' bitch Summer. She's a fuckin' buster bro. Karlae, I don't care what you do, just don't kill the girl, okay? I don't want you to end up in this bitch with me," Her bestfriend AK says on the other end of the collect call from Central California's Women's Facility. "I know how you get down bitch. You really be draggin' bitches."

"I'm not gonna' kill that girl, Akira." Karlae giggles, picking up a Gucci sandal, eyeing it for a quick second then sitting it back down. "Chill. I'on even wanna' talk about her lame ass. You okay in there? You need anything? You know I got you."

"Hell yea, I'm straight." AK says, forcing a smile. "I'm hangin' on boo, I got three more weeks left then I'm out."

"You need commissary money? I can put some in your books when I make it back home." Sighing, Karlae took a seat on the cushioned bench next to the shoes. "Be honest, AK. You know I don't mind helpin' you out."

"Yea, I do." AK admits with a heavy sigh. If you know Akira, then you know how hard it is for her to ask for help because of her pride and stubbornness. "Thank you for everything sister."

"You're so welcome," Karlae says with a closed mouth smile, picking at the rips in her jeans. "We still out here holdin' it up for you. Ride these three weeks out, you'll be out before you know it and we'll back on our shit."

The automated voiced announced that they only had thirty more seconds left, so the two bestfriends used that time to tell one another they loved each other before the call ended.

Karlae wasn't interested in getting anything else other than the pair of dark tinted sunglasses she picked out along with a pair of six inch black suede heels with a pointed toe.

Walking up behind Ermias, she wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her chin in the middle of his back,"Babe."

"Wassup baby?" He asked over his shoulder, counting a stack of money to pay for her items. "This was all you wanted?"

"Yea," She nodded, moving around to his side to hug his arm. "that's all I want."

"You sure?"

"I'm positive," She assured him with a smile. Nodding, Ermias handed over the euros he owed the salesclerk and put the remaining money away in his back pocket. "what store do you wanna' go to after this?"