twentynine.

flashback to yesterday afternoon.

As soon as Ermias demanded some of his workers to clean up the mess he and Samiel made, they were pulling up to Rimpau's home ready to do just as the boss man asked.

Just as quick as they got in to clean up Rimpau's blood, the hallow tip bullets that were released when Samiel fired his gun, and take back the coke Rimpau had stolen, cartel employees Tonto and Charger were out without even knowing the two ladies Lori and Kelsey were in their presence.

From the closet she kept herself hidden in, Kelsey could see and hear everything. Once she heard Tonto and Charger slamming the car doors outside, she rushed out of the hallway linen closet and dashed upstairs to get a petrified Lori. She was hiding in the closet with her knees brought up to her chest, and both arms resting on top,"Lori, get up, we have to go!"

"No, they're gonna' kill us." She cries, already knowing how things went when the Asghedom brothers felt like they had been played with. She seen first hand how upset Blacc Sam could get at times although his calm personality would often tell a person otherwise.

"And that's why we have to go. If they find out we were here, which they have a way of doing I'm sure, then we're dead. If we stay, we're dead because the stove just fucking caught fire. Either way, we're dead. Let's just make a run for it," Kelsey rambles on in one breath, exhaling heavily once she felt like she'd gotten everything she needed to say out.

Lori was too traumatized to move a muscle, so Kelsey had to snatch her out of the closet and force her downstairs to the car. Kelsey didn't want anyone to know she was dealing with both Rimpau and Lori so she parked a few houses down the street. The both of then ran as fast as they could to her car and wasted no time pulling the doors open to get in.

As she gets comfortable behind the wheel, Kelsey grabs her dying phone prepared to call the police to tell them she'd just witnessed a cold blooded murder,"We have to contact the police."

"No," Lori shakes her head while buckling her seatbelt. "Kelsey you know better. You know we can't call the police. These guys have damn near the whole city of LA on payroll, even if we do tell the police they murdered Rimpau it still wouldn't do us any justice." As the fire begins to spread from the kitchen into the hallway and living room, the ladies peel out of Rimpau's neighborhood.

Kelsey didn't know where they were headed but she figured it would be best to try and flee Los Angeles. They had no reason to stay anyway; Kelsey had no family, hated her job, and wanted a change of scenery. Lori also had little to no family, she was dependent on Samiel, and now Rimpau's dead so why would she stay?

"So .. I mean .. what do we do?" Kelsey asks cluelessly, hoping Lori had come up with a plan by now. All Kelsey was thinking about was fleeing Los Angeles but she didn't know where they would end up exactly.

"We get the fuck out of Los Angeles," She exhales heavily as Kelsey drives atleast seventy-five miles per hour out of the neighborhood and onto the main streets to get to the nearest interstate. "It doesn't even matter where we go, just .. away from here. And my phone's about to die, you got a charger in here?"

"Nope, left it at home. But, listen," She'd finally come up with a plan she thought would work. "I don't have much family but I do have a close cousin of mine that lives up in Nevada now. I'm sure if I give her a quick call, she'll let us stay with her for a couple days. We can just figure it out from there, I guess? Maybe?"