fiftyseven.

"... I'm about to throw on some clothes really quick and run a couple errands with Sammy," Karlae says ripping and running all over Ermias' house, going in one room to the next, finally getting settled in his bedroom where she found herself rummaging through all of his hoodies,"What time is your hair appointment?"

"Right now, actually. I'm about to walk inside in a second," Camille says on the other end of their phone call,"What all errands do you have to run?"

"Oh my God my head hurts just thinkin' about this shit," Karlae said aloud but moreso to herself,"but we have to go to the grocery store and get a whole list of things to make dinner tonight, and I gotta' make a stop at the beauty supply to get some stuff to do my hair."

"Boog," Camille giggled getting out of her car to head inside of the hair salon,"that's not even alot."

"Bitch it is when I have to cook and still do my own hair afterwards." Karlae chuckled,"shit I should've just booked an appointment but whatever. I may not even do it honestly, I know by time we're done cooking I won't even feel like it."

"Angel really left us hangin' this year."

"Right! Took her ass all the way to Louisiana. Just left us to fend for ourselves chile," Exhaling softly Karlae threw on Ermias' 2pac hoodie and stepped into a pair of UGG boots. Considering the weather was below fifty today, she had to bundle up. "but that sounds like Sammy at the door, I'll call you later or you call me whenever you're leaving your appointment."

"Okay bet. Y'all be safe, I love you sister."

"I love you too sister." Ending their phone call, Karlae let out a heavy breath to recuperate. Right back on the move, she rushed downstairs to answer the front door for Samantha welcoming her in with open arms.

"Hey Bookie," Sammy smiles, hugging her tight. "I been missin' you."

"I been missin' you too pretty girl. You been cooped up at that beauty bar of yours. My boo been hustlin' lately, I see I got me a hard workin' woman."

"Aye, period." Samantha smiled, following Karlaw into the living room,"Nu'uh it's too quiet in here. Where's my baby?"

"He's with my dad and my uncle. They came and got him earlier this morning. He wanted him to finally meet my uncle from Sinaloa, so."

"Oh okay. They'll be here for dinner tonight though right?"

"Yea, of course. Chloé with her dad?"

"Mhm, they'll be here tonight too. You ready to go?"

"Yea come on boo. The quicker we are in the grocery store, the earlier we can start on this food." Karlae tells her as they walk out to Samantha's Benz. Once they made it to the nearest grocery store, they tried getting everything they needed as quick as they could. But as they expected, the store was full of people trying to get things at the last minute for Thanksgiving dinner.

Although they had been left to host their own Thanksgiving dinner this year, the ladies were excited to show off their cooking skills in the kitchen. Usually Granny, Angel, and aunt Tracee would prepare dinner but they were in Louisiana visiting Uncle Mac for the weekend which left them to host dinner at Ermias' house tonight.