16 | nightmare

MILIANI'S POV

After that crazy food fight and the encounter with grace, we all went to my house to have a movie night. It was something we would do frequently, even on school nights sometimes. Tonight we decided to watch something horror, it's been a while since we saw something of the horror genre, though I got scared very easily, still, I like the kick it gives me and all the suspense just adds to the thrill.

"So what movie to choose?" Karl asked with a stack of CDs in his hands. All of the horror genres, 'it' and 'conjuring' was on the top and I was praying to God to not let them choose from both of the movies.

"Why don't we watch the ring, I heard it's an amazing movie and I saw the Cd in her stacks when we had our last movie night," Ailee said with a small smirk and I knew she was doing this on purpose.

" Alright, I'll s-" I cut Karl off before he started to put the Cd inside the player. I jumped off the couch and put my hands on the stack where he was trying to take the CD out.

"Wait, let's watch uhm con- conjuring, yes conjuring," I said almost breathless. I heard that the ring is one of the scariest movies and i'm much happier to watch conjuring instead of that.

Karlos and Ailee looked at me funny before resuming to put the CD inside the player, the same movie. Why do they hate me so much? I asked myself while cursing at my best friends who were clapping like two idiots, watching the movie start, while I was freaking out internally.

"Let's turn the lights off, " Ailee is trying to kill me, oh god when did my friends changed, I need new friends now. Karlos stood up from his seat beside Ailee and switched off the lights.

The whole room became dark and only the light of tv was reflecting on our faces. Karl took the popcorn bowl which we made earlier, including some snack. They all were laid on the table, different varieties of candies, chips and ice cream as well but the ice cream is for me and me only. I don't share the heavenly creation.

The movie started, I already felt on edge and the movie was just starting, Karl and Ailee were snuggled into each other with his hand around her waist and her head resting on his chest. Aww how cute, but i'm not going to forgive them for making me watch something like this. True to the people's word, it was a very scary movie. All the scenes were abrupt and frightening. I took the nearest pillow and hid my face behind it whenever a scary scene would come or whenever the girl in the white dress would show herself without any consent of others.

Finally, the movie ended and I release the breath I didn't even know I was holding. By the time the movie ended, it was a little late so Karl and Ailee left for their house. It was just me in this big house alone and very scared. The movie shook me to the core and I was afraid that the girl would pop out of my tv too. I shudder at the thought.

I quickly cleaned the room and went upstairs to sleep but even the slightest of noises were scaring the shit out of me and I have a whole night to spend in this house. The stairs were making a creaking sound and the door was making those weird sound when I opened it. I should've told them to stay the night here, it's Sunday tomorrow so I don't have to worry about sleeping late but after that movie, I just want to sleep so I don't encounter any strange girl wearing a white dress with her hair hiding her scary face.

I went inside my room and took out my clothes to change into, for bed. I took out my soft pyjamas and the matching pink shirt then walked into my washroom to change, while I was changing I heard a sound coming from downstairs and stopped all my movements. I stood there for a moment but when I didn't hear anything again I went back to wearing the shirt which was halfway through my left hand.

After washing my face and dumping the dirty clothes into the basket I got out of the bathroom and plopped down on the bed, feeling the adrenaline rush off from the movie. I started to feel a little tired so I laid down and closed my eyes trying to find the sleep which was somewhere, waiting to be found.
---------------