39 | she's a villain

Third person's POV ( before Caim went to Miliani's)

"Do we have any clue on who that guy was?" Caim asked in the silence of the manor. They were currently huddled together in the main house to find out who those guys were that scratched that message on Caim's car. The message was enough to send every single one of them into alert. It was not normal to have messages carved into the car, it was a decision of emergency or they wouldn't have done something so obvious.

Writing on the car meant they wanted Caim to know how important this matter is. Now, the main question was whether those were helping him or threatening him. The message could go both sides, he wants both, the girl and the locket. How did that guy know that miliani has the locket? Or how did he find out that miliani is connected to what he did two years ago?

"I think it's pretty serious. We need to inform Jacub about this." Lucas said from the left side of the from, he was currently sitting on the dark couch with legs perched on the coffee table. "It's obvious he wanted to send us some signal through that message" Josh looked at all of them, he was a little uneasy. Lots and lots of questions were swirling in his head. Why is that girl so important? He thought about Miliani.

"I know, I called him first thing after I got home that night, he's on his way to California," Caim said, his face was tired, he looked exhausted. It's been a week since he received that message from those men, he is a little sceptical about trusting them into the good side however, he has never seen them which only means that they weren't part of greys little gang. Caim rubbed his hands down his face when he caught Josh looking rather uncomfortable, standing in the corner with his lips in-between his teeth.

"We need to act quick Caim, it's about Miliani now. We can't risk her life as we did Layla's two years ago" Caim's eyes snapped to Lucas. He suddenly remembered that Layla is Miliani's sister, which means those people know that piece of information as well. It's getting out of control, Caim is confused about how they know everything about her. Why is Grey so adamant on getting to Miliani?

"Layla is Miliani's sister," he said, everyone's eyes- including Lucas and Josh widened. They all know who miliani is and what she means to their boss but this revelation left them even more deeply in this quicksand. "Wh-what do you Layla's sister?" Lucas stuttered, he could feel his heartbeats thumping in his ears.

"Now, tell us Josh why are you fidgeting," Caim said with his sharp eyes adjusting on Josh. He completely froze in his place, he couldn't help but flinch when every eye in the room landed in his form. Caim raised his brow I'm questioning, he knew something was bothering Josh or he was hiding something. Josh didn't react the way everyone else did when he told about Layla being miliani's sister. He looked like he knew this all along.

"No-nothing b-boss" he blinked furiously, first mistake. Caim raised his head to meet Josh's eyes but he lowered them, second mistake. Caim gave him a few minutes to tell them all the truth but Josh stood there with his lips sealed, third mistake. Caim quickly pulled his gun out and raised it towards Josh.

"Speak or die" he cocked the gun back before removing its safety. "You decide" he snapped. Josh gulped, he knew if he didn't speak he'll either be dead with a bullet in his head or will die in the hospital after Caim is done with him. He chose to speak after all.

"Remember when I was walking out o-of that café, two years back." He started, Caim nodded his head. It was the day when he took the first step of his mission, he remembers Layla saying something to Josh which made him pale. At that time he dismissed it as he got more problems but now it seems he shouldn't have done that.

"What about it?"

"Well, she was talking on the phone, it sounded like she was talking to a girl, and she said something which kind of made sense now" Josh took a deep breath.