37 | unknown

Third-person's POV

"What do you think they might be doing?" Ailee asked a highly amused Lucas, who has his hand inside his pocket while the other holding the phone. Lucas was, to be honest- waiting for Kylie to text him. It's been more than a few days since she got all of their contacts and so far he's the only sender in his message bubble. He once thought to call her and ask if she wanted to hang out with them today but decided against it.

He can't just force himself on her, he knows how it feels to be pressurised. "Probably, quarrelling like kids," he said with a slight shrug. "You mean more like Caim cornering poor Miliani," Karl said coming out from the kitchen, as soon as they entered the small condo, Karl made his business to hoge all the food from Lucas's kitchen as revenge for his earlier interaction with Ailee. He didn't like how he was behaving like a good friend while Karlos was tossed aside.

"Hey, Caim isn't that bad, besides he'd corner you if he heard you say that" Lucas placed his phone back on the table, not being receiving any reply on his previous text. "He's a little too protective when it comes to Miliani" it was true, Caim Salvatore was one hundred percent like an alpha mate when it comes to her. He couldn't even see a small scratch on her body, it was a far fetched idea assuming him screaming at her.

"Yeah, I've seen him behave like a caveman when Mili hugged Karl, the other day," Ailee said from beside Karl, who was now sitting on the couch, eating Doritos. She was a little worried about her friend but knew better to question it, she know what Miliani means to Caim. It was like a switch turns off when caim is in presence of her, she tames him.

She tames the beast people talk him out to be, The most notorious of all. "It's funny how love can change someone for either better or worse" she voiced out her thoughts. "I've seen people changing into their worst self while in love," Karlos said with a voice of familiarity. Ailee met his eyes, knowing exactly what he's talking about. Lucas looked in-between them, knowing nothing.

"I've never seen people in love, how do they look like?" Lucas grinned at Ailee, she rolled her eyes, trying very hard to hide a smile. " it's actually simple. Their eyes are always filled with fear when looking at the person they love, There is this deep hidden craving behind their eyes, a superior fear of losing them" she trailed, seeing the same look in Caim's eyes when he looks at militani. Though she doubts he knows that he's in love with her best friend but it's there, the look.

"Wow, you seem very intellectual in love," Lucas said in awe, a slightly teasing tone hidden underneath. he was really impressed by the way Ailee talked about being in love like she was experienced. Lucas doesn't know what is love or how to perform it or feel it, or whatever. but the one thing he knows about this love is that it requires prioritising things in a successive way. and that it requires having feelings which both to Lucas seems a little outraged, sure he's crushing over Kylie but that doesn't mean he'd fall in love with her.

"Maybe, maybe not. It depends." She said before resting her head on Karlos's shoulder, he stopped mid chewing his chips, face stuffed with them and looked down, her eyes were closed, lips parted a little and cheeks flushed. his face turned a little red and a content smile quickly formed on his chipmunk cheeks. He was happy with this simple gesture, happy that Ailee seem comfortable enough to rest against her.

"On what?" Lucas seemed very curious.

"On how much people want to express their love, I'm no expert but when someone truly loves someone, there's bound to be a slip in their emotions and it's not hard to see" she sighed contently, what else does she need. She is resting her head on the shoulder of the person she loves, it's ironic how much she knows about love but can't help but feel a little dumb when it comes to her own life.