3

"Dauntless born go with Lauren. Transfers with me," Four called out as they group separated. "Welcome to Dauntless. I usually work in intelligence but during your training I will be your instructor. My name's Four," he said and there were murmurs in the group.

"Were one through three taken?" a small girl with dark skin and hair asked. Four smiled while walking up to her.

"What's your name?"

"Christina."

"Well Christina, the first lesson you learn from me is if you wanna survive here, keep your mouth shut. Do you understand me?" He asked harshly and everyone felt intimidated by his words. Christina just nodded while tilting her head down. Four started walking to give a tour as everyone followed.

"Do I know you?" Peter asked while coming up and wrapping an arm around Eden's shoulders.

"No I don't think so," she said shaking her head at him.

"I know. You're that softie from testing day. Oh I can't wait to get closer with you," he said and she raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm Peter."

"Eden," she said and smiled at him. She figured that new beginnings for her could possibly mean the same for everyone. She wouldn't judge him off of one thing.

"So, how do you feel about being factionless?" He asked and she shrugged his arm off. "I'm just being honest. There's no way you're going to pass the training."

"We'll see," she said staring straight ahead.

"Yes we will," Peter said while looking her up and down again. She looked back and scowled before bumping into someone.

"I'm so sorry," she said and the tall boy turned around. He smiled at her and shook his head.

"It's fine. I'm Al," he said holding out his hand.

"Eden," she said shaking his hand with a smile.

"It's a pretty name."

"Thank you," she smiled before turning her attention to all the noise.

"The center of life here at Dauntless. The Pit," Four said. There were public fights going on, people drinking, and loud music. They turned down a hall and Eden walked beside Al.

"Why Dauntless?" He asked her and she shrugged.

"It's what my results were," she answered while looking up at him.

"Same. It's a bit intimidating though."

"Agreed. How tall are you?" She asked and he laughed.

"6'3. What are you? Like 5'2," he said and she nodded. They looked forward when walking into the dorm.

"You'll be sleeping here for the next ten weeks," Four said.

"Where do the guys go?"

"No, you're all here," he said and there were some groans. "If you like this, you'll love the bathrooms," he said and they looked over. There were barely any stalls and a flimsy curtain for the showers. It was terrible.

"Fun," Al said sarcastically.

"Get changed," he said and walked towards the door. Al walked over to a bed and Eden just followed while taking the one next to his. She walked over to the bins with different clothes and shoes. She pulled them out according to her size and walked back to the bed to change. She heard lots of commotion but she distanced herself from it all. She changed into the black leggings, black long sleeve top, and black combat boots. She took her bracelet off and tucked it under the mattress. She wasn't going to part with that.