23

"Baby, wake up," Eric said shaking Eden slightly. He placed a kiss on her shoulder and cheek. She stirred and her eyelids fluttered open. "Good morning gorgeous," he said and she smiled.

"Good morning," she said and closed her eyes while stretching her arms above her head.

"We have to get going. Jeanine wants us in Erudite and we will be staying there until this mess is over," he said standing up and walked over to put clothes on. "I have clothes for you," he said and she walked over to him.

"Thank you," she said and taking them.

"And there's an extra toothbrush under the sink," he said as she walked of to the bathroom on her tip toes. Eric smirked while watching her walk away. He chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. Eden brushed her teeth and put the clothes on. It was just black leggings and a black tank top.

"Hey, is Josh still here?" she asked him and he nodded while pouring a mug of coffee. "I need to see him quickly."

"Don't be too long," he told her and she nodded. She put her shoes on and then went on her tip toes to give him a peck on the lips. He smiled down at her and she took his mug. He watched in amusement as she sipped from it and then handed it back.

"I won't be too long," she said and ran out of the apartment. When she walked down, she found that Dauntless seemed to be how it usually was. She ran over to the tattoo shop and found Josh in his usual spot.

"Oh my God Eden," he said and got up to hug her. She laughed while wrapping his arms around her. "I heard you got the leadership job. Congrats."

"Thanks, but I need a tattoo," she said and he raised an eyebrow.

"Seems like a normal occurrence. What do you want?"

"Can I have that paper and a pen?" she asked and he nodded handing it to her. On the paper she wrote 'Patrick. Mona. Al.'

"I know Al, but who are the other too?" he asked while putting it into the computer.

"My parents. I want it on my forearm. Not too big, like covering a third. Just going up and down in a basic font," she said and he nodded while placing the pad on her arm.

"It's all people who died," he said and she nodded. "How have you been? I heard you got shot."

"I've actually been shot three times but only one actually hurt me," she said and he raised his eyebrows.

"Well look at you," he joked and they both laughed. She felt the sting in her arm and looked down at it.

"I'm leaving today. I'm not sure how long I'll be gone, so I wanted to come say goodbye," she said and he nodded while pulling her into a hug.

"Hopefully I see you soon," he said and she smiled. He pulled the pad off and Eden looked down at it. Her dad's name was by her wrist, her mom's on top, and then Al's.

"I love it. Thank you Josh," she said and hugged him again. He hugged her tightly and placed a friendly kiss on her head.

"We better be going," he said and she nodded.

"Bye," she said and he winked at her. She laughed and squeezed his hand before walking away. She walked quickly back up to the apartment and walked in to Eric reading on the couch. She walked over behind him and wrapped her arms around him. He noticed her arm and pulled it down making her huff. "I don't want to forget them."

"Let's hope you don't have to add anymore names to this arm," he said and she nodded. "Alright, we have to go."

"Let's go then," she said and went to grab her ear piece from the counter. She slipped it in and Eric came up behind her.