18

"Attention, all initiates report for final testing. All initiates report for final testing," a voice rang out over the speaker. Eden got up and started walking towards the large simulation room it will be in. She wasn't feeling confident at all right now. She was so devastated over Al.

"Eden," Eric said grabbing her arm and pulling her aside. "I know it hurts but you need to pull yourself together right now."

"I'm fine," she said yanking her arm back.

"Don't lie to me. I need to," he ran a hand through his hair. "I need to tell you something," he said and she shook her head.

"I have to go," she said but Eric grabbed her arm and pulled her aside.

"Listen to me," he said harshly and she just looked at him. "If you can get through this and not fail, I put you in for leadership. Find me right after you take the test. Don't wait," he said and she nodded.

"Why leadership?"

"Because you have leader qualities. The game of capture the flag wasn't just a game. Your strategy was the best. No one listened but it was the best," he told her and she nodded.

"I have to go," she said again and turned away from him. She walked through the doors into the waiting area and saw all the others in there. She sat on the floor and twirled Al's necklace around in her fingertips.

"Hey," Peter said quietly sitting down next to her. She didn't say anything back but rested her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," she said back and he wrapped an arm around her. He rubbed her arm and she just closed her eyes.

"Oh I see," Molly started. "One dies so you just move onto the next," she said and Eden saw red. She got up and tried to run at her but Peter grabbed her waist.

"You know nothing!" She yelled while being held back by Peter. "You are a terrible human being and I hope you fucking rot in the depths of hell," she said while struggling against Peter. She turned around and started crying against his chest.

"Okay, okay. It's okay," he said and slide back down to the ground while holding her. She pulled away and wiped her tears. "You know, we are both up for leadership."

"Really?" She asked perking up.

"Yea, I have to find Eric right after I take my test," he said and she nodded.

"Me too," she said and Peter gave her a small smile.

"It's all gonna work out princess," he said while rubbing her arm. Eden just gave him a nod. "What, no smile?"

"I don't feel like smiling right now," she said and moved back next to him. He wrapped an arm around her and squeezed her shoulder.

"It's okay," he told her and she nodded.

"Peter Hayes," the voice called over the speaker. Peter looked over at Eden and gave her a hug.

"See you on the other side," he said and gave her a friendly kiss on the cheek. She sat there and hugged her knees to her chest. Her hand to the base of her neck where the necklace was. She twiddled it in her fingers while closing her eyes. She prayed to stay calm. She prayed that maybe Al was watching over her. She sat there for what felt like hours. Just thinking and preparing herself for anything that might change in the simulation.

"Eden Amber," the voice called and she stood up. She cracked her neck and held her head high as she walked towards the room. When she got in she saw the chair in the middle. She looked around and saw a bunch of Dauntless leaders watching on screens. She walked forward and sat down in the chair. She recognized the lady as someone who worked with Josh.