Episode 22 (Part 1)

It was another beautiful morning to open up my restaurant early. As soon as i switched the 'closed' sign with the 'open' one, a hoard of customers came inside and the one at the end of the line was Elizabeth. "What do you mean Katsura has disappeared?" i asked him in confusion as he chugged down his drink. "It is as i said" his board said. "But.. are you sure? Doesn't he disappear a lot because of his job?" i asked. "Yes, and he always lets us know before doing anything. But this time we heard nothing. He has disappeared since that attack on the bridge"

My breath hitched on my throat as i read his words. "I.. i heard the rumour also.. do you have any evidence?" i asked. He showed me a wallet that was soaked in blood. "It's his.. " i held the wallet close to my chest "D-Does the blood match..?" i whispered nervously. He nodded his head hesitantly. Tears swelled up in my eyes but i took deep breaths to calm myself down. "I'll help" i said clenching my jaw. "Thank you. I'll go to Yorozuya now" his board said. "Don't worry, he's alive" i said with a smile as i placed my hand above his head. He stared at me for a few seconds before i heard a sniffle from inside the costume. He bowed his head and walked away.

As i went around and conversed with my customers, i found out a lot of information. After i closed the restaurant and sent the kids back home, i set out towards the city centre with my sword around my waist. If I'm not wrong and the demonic blade 'Benizakura' falls in the hand of that guy, then it would be very much troublesome. He's already a slayer on loose i gritted my teeth and increased my pace. I can smell people fighting on ahead i thought as i tried to calm my mind to make my senses accurate. And much to my liking.. IT SMELLS AMAZING!

I jumped from the roof silently and swung my sword at the killer. "Nee-san!" Shinpachi shouted as i cut off the man's hand before he could slash at Shinpachi with his katana. "Just like i thought, it was you" i gritted through my teeth as i held my sword towards Nizou, the Manslayer. "Hmm? I see. Another interesting person came to the scene. With your scent, i feel like I've met you before" he said taking a sniff from the air. "Aah, i know you. You smell exactly like them~ Heh, trust me, no matter how much i wanna fight you now, I've been ordered by a certain someone to not touch you" he said irritatedly. "I don't know who you're talking about but you don't have to touch me for me to kill you!"

I shouted the words as i jumped towards the man and swung my sword at him. "Oh no no, it's dangerous. It's very dangerous to be fighting with someone like you, a demon in disguise of an angel" he said after jumping away from me. He landed on top of the bridge railing and coughed out blood. "I've been cut.." he said holding his chest as blood oozed out of it. "Come close. I can't kill you like that" i glared at him with a smile. "I don't know what that man finds in you. You're totally merciless" he said in disappointment. "Which man? Tell me his name. I'll greet him personally" i said. "Time will come. You'll meet him soon" he said. "Tell me this.. how did you cut down Katsura? What foolish tricks did you use?!"

"Oh, him? He was veeery weak. I can't believe he fought in the Joui War. Such a useless person" he said smirking. snap. "Take it back" i mumbled. "What? I can't hear you" he replied. " I SAID TAKE IT-" "What's with all the ruckus? What's going on here?" a man shouted as the officials rushed into the scene causing me to stop. "Oh no. Well, we'll meet again, Ms. Demonic Angel" Nizou said before running away. "Wait you fucking coward!" I shouted and was about to chase after him before a hand suddenly grabbed on my wrist. "WHA-" my eyes widened in panic as i looked at Gintoki's wounded body. "Hey, hey! Look at me. You'll be fine" i said as i tore pieces of my clothing to stop his bleeding. "You'll be alright, you'll be alright" i said as i watched him smile at me. I carried him instantly the moment tears started flowing through my eyes. "Stay with me! Don't lose conscious, Gintoki!"

------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.