Can't sleep

Puckabrina status: dating 

Sabrina woke up in the middle of the night and looked around her. It was dark outside and everything was still, yet she felt uneasy and alert. She closed her eyes and tried to fall back asleep, but she couldn't. She hummed her favorite lullaby, counted wooly, white sheep jumping over fences, and even whipped out one of her favorite books for a couple of minutes, but nothing was working. 

She sighed, and decided to go downstairs to get some water, maybe she was just thirsty, she thought. She grabbed herself a glass and filled it, then hurried back upstairs. She peered into her little sister's room, but Daphne was fast asleep and so was everyone else. Everyone but her. Sabrina slowly drank her water and then crawled back into bed. She pulled the covers around her and relaxed onto her side. She must've laid there for an hour before she decided she just probably wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep. Something was just off about the entire night.. 

Defeated, Sabrina pulled out her phone and decided to text Puck. She didn't care if she woke him up, he'd just have to suffer with her. 

"I can't sleep, like I feel really, really on edge for some reason..." she texted him.

She waited minutes and minutes but he never replied. 

Sabrina shut her phone off and closed her eyes again when suddenly she heard a rustling outside her door, and creaking on the wooden panels outside. Sabrina froze and her eyes widened. What was outside her room... a ghost... a troll... a demon?? 

She laid as still as she could, peering out at the cracked door before her. Slowly, she reached for the pocket knife under her bed and creeped to the entrance of her room. She peaked outside into the hallway, but nothing was there.

She couldn't deny it, she was spooked, maybe even scared. Too anxious to crawl back into her bed and forget about he worries, she scurried down the hall to Puck's room. Quietly, she knocked on his door, but nobody replied. 

Then suddenly she felt a whoosh of cool air around her and a whispering in her ear. Scared, she backed up into the wall behind her, looking cautiously at her surroundings. She was terrified at this point and didn't know what to do. Should she wake up her grandma? Should she wake everyone up? She knocked on Puck's door once more. Come to think of it, he was probably pranking her, but she was frightened nonetheless. 

"Puck-- Puck, please let me in, I'm scared," she said, surprised that she had let those words escape her lips, but she was desperate.

She wasn't expecting anything until the door to his room creaked open. A tall, messy, blonde headed boy, groggily pushed the door further open. 

"Puck-"

"Grimm, what are you doing?" he asked, sleepily. 

"There's... something in our house, I don't know, I heard whispering in my ear and scurrying outside my door, I'm not joking. Please take me seriously," she begged.

"You're probably hallucinating from being tired," he said. 

"No, I'm not. Something's up," she retorted. 

Puck picked her up in his arms and brought her into his room.

"Puck!?!? What are you doing?" She said angrily. 

"Come on, just go to sleep," he replied nonchalantly, placing her on his bed and falling on top of her. 

"I've been trying to!! But I can't when there's an intruder in our house!" she said.

"I promise you, there's not," he said, kissing her forehead.

Butterflies filled her stomach, but she still had to focus. 

"You're not going to go to sleep until you figure this out, hmm?" he asked. 

"Yeah, you're right." 

"Fine... let's go then," he said, crawling out of the bed and heading toward the exit. 

Sabrina rushed in front of him, grabbed his hand, and went down the hall to investigate. She peered back into her sister's room, but she was nowhere to be found.

"Puck!" she gasped, "Daphne's gone!" 

"No she's- oh-" he said, surprised, looking into the room. 

"That's it, I'm waking Granny up," Sabrina said, marching to her grandmother's room. 

Just as she was about to knock, she felt a rustle from behind her. 

"Puck..?" she whispered. 

"BOOOOO!" Daphne screamed. 

Sabrina's eyes bulged out and she fell back, about to hit her butt on the hard wooden floor, but Puck caught her and pulled her back onto her feet. 

"YOU JERK!" she yelled. 

"Sorry," Daphne giggled, "but that was just absolutely hilarious." 

"Do you realize how hard I've been trying to sleep all night, and then you decide to mess around with me?" Sabrina said.

"Yeah, that's why it's funny." 

"She's not wrong," Puck grinned. 

"Ugh, I hate both of you, but now I actually am exhausted of both of your BS, so goodnight." 

"Goodnight sis, don't let the demons get you," Daphne chuckled. 

"Goodnight, my love," Puck smirked, turning to Daphne, "She should be thankful for us." 

"She really should," Daphne replied, still giggling. 

Daphne went back into her room content with herself and with a newfound love for pranks. Puck waltzed back to his room, and was surprised to see his Grimm there, passed out on his bed. He smiled to himself.

"Hey make some room," he said, and then nudged her over. Unable to stay mad at him, she snuggled into his side and rested her head on his chest. 

"I love you, but that was honestly really funny," he said, running his fingers through her long hair. 

"Shut up..." she said.

"Make me," he grinned. 

Sabrina took a pillow and wacked him in the head, which actually did work. And with that done, Sabrina finally fell asleep, in Puck's arms.