don't forget me

SABRINA'S P.O.V

I awoke on a Monday morning with a headache. I pulled on my jeans and a plain white t-shirt, brushed my teeth, and combed my hair. Then I groggily walked down the hall and then descended the stairs into the kitchen where I got a glass of water and an Advil, my head throbbing the whole time. I took the pill and drank it down with water, then gathered my stuff for school. Daphne popped down the stairs shortly behind me and Granny came out from the bathroom. 

"Hello Lieblings, good morning," she smiled at us, wiping her hands from previously washing them. 

"Ugh, I don't want to go to school!" Daphne whined, ignoring Granny's cheery tone. 

"Me neither, can't we skip?" I asked, only half-joking.

"No girls, gather your things and get into the car, Uncle Jake is driving you today," Granny responded. 

"Oh?" I said confused, "why?"  

"I thought I would do some errands, you know.. I'd rather get them done in the morning than later, I have a productive day ahead of me," she responded. 

I nodded my head thinking nothing of it and went to get my things with Daphne behind me. I swung my backpack over my shoulder and lead the way out to the car. Uncle Jake was already there, dressed nicely. 

"Hey Uncle Jake, you look pucktastic," Daphne said grinning.

I looked over to her, we hardly mentioned his name anymore. It was like a cut in my chest.

"Got a date?" I asked but quickly regretted, forgetting Jake's promise to never love another after Briar's death. It was something I really admired, something I couldn't promise Puck. Even though he wasn't dead, he was gone just the same. 

Jake exhaled, but let out a small chuckle, "No, no, just felt like getting out of the house and looking presentable today, tired of wearing oversized t-shirts and baggy jeans." 

"Well good for you, but hit the gas please, we're gonna be late!" I said, checking my phone. 

"Got it, next stop, highschool landing, and then middle school avenue!" he chanted pulling his arm down as if he were tooting a train horn.

"That got old the last three times you've done that when you've taken us to school," I said sounding annoyed, but I really wasn't. It reminded me of still being a little kid, it made me think how young Sabrina would feel if she saw me now. Would she be proud? Would she be satisfied?

Walking into the high school, I kept my head down, trying not to look at anyone. I have become a lot shyer in the last couple of years. I went over to my locker and put away my things when somebody tapped on my shoulder. In front of me was Bradley. 

"How've you been?" he asked. 

"Fine..." I said pulling away.

"I've been meaning to tell you something, and I hate to do it here, but I can't wait any longer." 

"Woah, are you asking me to marry you?" I replied jokingly.

He pursed his lips, clearly not finding the joke funny. "I know this is really weird, really really spontaneous but I just feel like it's not working out between us."

I stood in shock for a brief moment. "You're kidding right?" I asked confused.

"No, Sabrina, I can't help but feel like I've been your second choice to Robin ever since he left."