Behind the Scenes #1: Guardian's brother

THIS SECTION WILL DISCUSS CHAPTER 22, SO EXPECT MAJOR SPOILERS

Hello, welcome to the start of what might become a series on Memory's Meme Hour: "Behind the Scenes," where I discuss how I plan/write/edit certain aspects of RRFF. I'm mainly using this to record some real life examples of writing-related problem solving and to write down valuable writing lessons/tips I learned while working on RRFF. I'm mainly writing this so Future Me can remember these lessons/tips and suffer less when they write their next story. That, and I think it might be fun to look back and share the process behind RRFF to the readers! If you enjoy this one, then maybe I'll do more of these types of chapters!

I'm gonna write the first Behind the Scenes about a certain subplot/mystery that a few readers really got invested in, Guardian's brother. I'll be explaining why I added this subplot/mystery in RRFF and why I chose to reveal/hint at the answer a certain way. If you're interested in this topic, then continue reading!

>>>>----------->>

So, let me take you back to a long time ago, back when I was figuring out how to write Chapter 11 (C O M M U N I C A T E) and Chapter 12 (Disillusioned). They were originally planned to be the 7th Chapter of RRFF, until I had to split the previous chapters into more chapters to reduce their word count.

Since this was before RRFF diverged from the canon storyline in Act 2, Chapter 11 and Chapter 12 were supposed to be RRFF's version of these Illusion Steve episodes: "Illusion Steve OFFERED me a DEAL," I saw LIGHT STEVE in MINECRAFT," "The RAINBOW TREE OF LIFE is still alive?", and "Illusion Steve is becoming ORIGIN STEVE."

>>>>----------->>

In case you need a refresher of what happened in these four episodes: Guardian betrayed Sabre and Alex, Illusion revealed that he knew Sabre was alive and Alex (pretending to be Illusion's minion) lied about it, and Illusion tried to get Sabre to join him by bringing back Light Steve. When Sabre refused to team up and called Light Steve an illusion, Illusion destroyed Light Steve and took Sabre to the Illusion Town, so he can watch Alex lose her powers again and see the illusion turn into reality, thanks to the power of the Illusion Tree.

There were also a lot of  "THIS. AIN'T. IT. CHIEF" moments in these episodes.

The most important thing to note from these episodes is that Illusion was exceptionally more salty in them, which led to him snapping and verbally abusing the Guardian. This would lead to Guardian teaming up with Sabre and showing him the Illusion Core to defeat Illusion Steve.

>>>>----------->>

Overall, I had a simple outline for these two chapters: