🎨👔 Art: Elemental Steve reference sheet

(I started and finished this thing in one day. It took all day, and I'm posting it on the same day. I am TIRED and my brain is MUSH)

Design notes:

- I've drawn Elemental before, and I've redesigned him several times. For now, this is my current design of him, and it's drastically different from my previous iterations of him. 

- Fun story: I actually got this design idea for Elemental from a dream. In a dream I had many months ago, I saw Elemental in a dress and he looked awesome. I only remember half of the details, the most important details being "leaves covered his face like a veil" and "he was absolutely fabulous." I tried to draw the few details I remembered and then I thought, "You know what, I really liked the Elemental who appeared in my dream, so I'm gonna incorporate the design details from the dream into my actual design of Elemental!"

- So after a bit of tweaking, I was able to combine Elemental's dream design with the canon Minecraft skin, and this was the result.

- Instead of a dress or a robe, he's wearing a very flowy, majestic cloak and baggy pants. I rolled up the left side of his pants (exposing more of his purple bandages) as a nod to the asymmetrical pattern on his Minecraft skin's legs.

- My favorite part of the design is the leaf crown, especially when it covers his eyes.

- I took creative liberty with the colors by replacing the brown with purple and adding more pink to his red complexion. (Anything to make him look less like a tomato.)

Fun fact: the above design is the design I use for my interpretation of canon Elemental's Minecraft skin and for RRFF!Elemental. BUT, RRFF!Elemental actually has multiple designs!

I headcanon that Elemental went through a lot of phases growing up (ex: the wizard phase), and his design will reflect his interests at that certain time. (He also experimented with gender labels a lot throughout his life!)

Because of this, I actually imagine him looking different in every single flashback he's in because he keeps changing how he looks.

Am I going to draw all of his designs/phases? Noooooooo. Will I maybe write about his phases and exploration of identity and describe his outfits in an MMH chapter? ...Maybeeeeee.

Anyways, the design above is his most "up-to-date" look. That's what he looks like in the flashbacks that are the closest to present time (ex: Chapter 18's flashback) and in the Elemental Steve arc in the Steve Saga series.

I hope you like the art!