🎶 RRFF Themes/Playlist #2: Chp. 27-33 edition

Spoilers for Chapters 27-33

.......Chapters 27-33 were hard to write. SO HARD, especially since I rewrote 95% of it from scratch instead of just edit the original draft.

Listening to music REALLY helped me get these chapters done and figure out the pacing and how to keep the story moving.

Not to mention that there were several fight scenes in these chapters. Usually, I struggle searching for music that match the vibes of my story. So, when I do find music to match with my writing, I get very very happy.

I'm gonna share this playlist and I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to jam out or imagine RRFF scenes to these songs with me.

General: 1 Hour of Epic Dark Sinister Dramatic Action Music Playlist arranged by Gloriae Templum

If there was a certain scene but I didn't mention a specific song for it, assume that I was listening to this playlist while I was writing that scene :)

Hijacking Sabre theme (Chp 27): EPF Command Room Theme (2014 edition)

(To anyone who hasn't played Club Penguin since 2012, I'm not talking about the OST you're probably familiar with. I'm talking about the 2014 remix of this song.)

I love the hacker vibes of this song. Matches with how the Memory Dimension merged with Sabre's account and how Sabre got controlled by the Memory Rage

Memory vs Alex vs 2019 (Chp 28): "Scooter Chase" by John Powell (Bolt OST)

And for the scene where Memory is freaking out at the beach....I just imagined a bunch of humans talking, bike noises, and seagull noises while I wrote, to try to capture that feeling of being so overwhelmed by alien surroundings, that you can't even pinpoint where the sounds are coming from.

Memory vs Illusion (Chp 28): "Crossing the Line" by Glenn Slater and Alan Menken, performed by Eden Espinosa and Mandy Moore from Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure.

AND "Change" by Rebecca Sugar and performed by Zach Callison from Steven Universe: The Movie

The lyrics themselves didn't influence me. But the speed, the argumentative nature of the songs helped me figure out how to write a high-speed argument between Memory and Illusion.

You can probably tell that the scenes that these two songs are in inspired some aspects of Chapter 28. (Like Memory going through with his plan and Memory trying to break the illusion).

Memory vs Alex and Galaxy (Chapter 29): "Battle Cry" by Imagine Dragons and "Fears" by CH5 (ft. DAGames)

(I already talked about "Fears" in in RRFF Themes/Playlist #1)

I struggled so much with getting the plot moving in Chapter 29. In the end, the only way I could move the plot forward in an interesting way was to introduce a brand new mystery and to have Memory have another breakdown. This song really helped me speed-write Chapter 29.

Chapter 30 general theme: "Open Up Your Eyes" by Daniel Ingram, Meghan McCarthy, and Michael Vogel and performed by Emily Blunt from My Little Pony: The Movie

Kinda cliched to use this song as a vibe, I'll admit. But when I was imagining Memory telling Illusion "you can't stop me. Goodbye forever," it had to sound dreadful, so I probably listened to this song a bunch of times until I figured out how to set up Chapter 30's ending.

And when Memory had a self-reflection and realized too late that he didn't want to erase the Sky People's memories, I listened to sad instrumental music, but I unfortunately can't remember what I listened to.

Illusion vs Angy Fans (Chapter 31): Can Can by Jacques Offenbach

Now you guys know what song I associate with the Sky People every time I see an "I hate Illusion/Reality" comment in Sabre's videos.

Memory vs Time vs 2020 (Chapter 31) #1: DJ K.K. Super Smash Flash 2

Memory vs Time vs 2020 (Chapter 31) #2: Steven Universe - Change (Densle Remix)

I was listening to DJ K.K for the first few battles between Memory and Time. And when they started fighting in Minecraft Dungeons, I started listening to the Change remix.

Illusion vs Amalgamation and Memory's internal conflict (Chapter 32): Running to Never by TryHardNinja (music video by TheBlueJerome)

This song (and the music video) helped me figure out the pacing of the chapter. I had a hard time figuring out when Memory should change sides to help Illusion, but listening to this song helped me figure out how to keep Memory's internal conflict short and sweet and to make the switching of sides into a pleasant surprise. Originally, I had the internal conflict drag on for a long time, and it was a nightmare to write.

Sabre's Demise and [Six Bright Eyes]'s theme (Chapter 33): Any liminal space music and "empty" ambient noises

idk why, but I think I was binge-watching a lot of liminal space videos around the same time I was working on Chapter 33?

I don't have a serious theme for Chapter 33, tbh

This playlist is...all over the place, but Chapters 27-33 were all over the place too.

Thank you for listening to my nonsense. Take care and stay safe.