𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐈

BELIEVING THE UNBELIEVABLE Prologue One

Prologue One

   "Watch where your going Sluggy."

   "Oh bugger off."

   Arabella Black flinched a little as the girl elbowed her out of the way to the front of the P.E hall. She was used to being pushed around like this a lot, usually she was the laughing stock of the class with her sickly-pale skin and the appearance of someone who looked like they had a cold all the time.

   It didn't help that most of her clothes were the ones picked from the sale section at Tesco either. In fact, Arabella was quite sure that the contents of her whole wardrobe totalled up to about three pounds and fifty pence. Not that she was complaining though, it was better than clothes or shoes that were too small for her anyway as her Auntie Gertrude had decided that she didn't want to be shown up in public when she would take Arabella out to buy a new school uniform or help her with groceries.

   Gertrude Polkiss was one of the cruellest people she had ever met. She was tall, lanky and very skinny. She would have been rather beautiful too if she hadn't spent so much time frowning at things and looking down her noses at other people she believed were below her for example Arabella. Gertrude wasn't really her aunt, it was her Mother's cousin but it was just easier for Arabella to call her Aunt Gertrude so she went along with it.

   Walter Polkiss was equally as annoying as his Wife. He was a boring, lame middle aged man who was just like the next. Walter didn't even despise Arabella as much as Gertrude but it was his way of droning on and on in that equally as boring as his personality voice that really got on her nerves.

   Piers Polkiss was a skinny boy with a face like a rat. He had no personality whatsoever apart from the fact he liked to try and annoy Arabella as much as he can purely for his own and his stupid friend Dudley's entertainment. It was for this reason that she tried to stay out of their way when she was forced to visit the Dursley's house who were just across the street from their house and instead she spent time with a boy of her age called Harry Potter, who had a similar life experience to her.

   Harry's parents were both dead while one of Arabella's parents was in a far away prison for the rest of their life while her mother had gone missing so neither of them knew their parents. They also shared a birthday which they thought was rather cool too.

   "BLACK!" Screeched the rather burly looking P.E teacher Mr Filts, "STOP STANDING STILL AND DO SOMETHING."

   Normally, Arabella couldn't care less about grades, paying attention in class or doing what the teacher said but Mr Filts' P.E class when they were playing Dodgeball was a whole different story. She didn't actually mind P.E class, but whoever invented Dodgeball must have been the cruellest person on earth and that was exactly why Mr Filts was making them all play dodgeball on the last day of school before the summer holidays.