𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈𝐈

THE DEMENTORSChapter Three

THE DEMENTORS
Chapter Three

   "Did you get my owl elle?" Eagerly asked Sage as the three of them made their way out of the hallway and into an empty compartment Arabella presumed they were sat in before.

   Arabella nodded, smiling and rushing into the small compartment and shoving her luggage into one of the overhead compartments there was above the seats. Lawrence closed the door and collapsed into the seat opposite the two girls. The complete silence of that moment was soon filled with the rustling of sweet wrappers from Sage's bag or pocket.

   "Sage, what the hell are you bloody doing?" Arabella questioned, leaning over slightly to get a better look at whetever she was doing.

   "Oh, i'm just trying to find the packet of sweets I bought before. I'm sure they are somewhere in my pocket.. aha!" Sage beamed as she reached into her pocket and pulled out the small bag of sweets and in doing so, knocking about another five sweet wrappers out of her pocket and onto the floor. But amidst those wrappers was the familiar poster embellished with the face of Sirius Black screaming into the camera with the letters 'have you seen this wizard?" made to stand out in a deep bold black colour, "Oh, I'm so sorry Elle."

   "No, don't worry about it," She smiled kindly back, helping Lawrence clean up the floor, "How was your summer Lawrence?"

   "Nothing too fantastic, I mean my Dad dragged me and my brother on this really boring camping trip down in Devon for a few weeks with my cousins but he made us come back when he realised that there was a murderer.." His eyes widened as if he had just made a mistake, "Er- person on the loose, what was yours like Sage."

   Lawrence was quick to change the topic, but Sage didn't really care much at all. She began going off on a tangent about how fun her caravan holiday was or how boring her trip to her grandparents house was. Despite Arabella loving and respecting Sage so much, she really couldn't stand hearing her go on about her holidays at that moment. Her head was spinning and her mind was everywhere.

   She couldn't understand how Harry was taking this news so well and being merely unbothered by it, shrugging it off anytime anyone mentioned it. But then again, it wasn't his father who was the murderer. It wasn't his father who was loyal to Voldemort. It wasn't his father who had escaped Azkaban and was driving the British Wizarding population mad with horror and distress was it?

   Sometimes it became overly frustrating for her that both of their parents weren't in either of their lives. If only her parents could be the heroes of their own tragic story like Harry's was. Arabella wished for years that her parents could have been remembered for something other than violence or terror. Maybe something nice like if they would have died trying to save her or something like a typical sob story. But no, she was abandoned by them as they selfishly tried to flee from the ministry and there was nothing she could do about that.