𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈

BLAME Chapter Two

BLAME
Chapter Two

   That afternoon was one of the worst afternoons in her life. For one, she had to endure the horrors of the knight bus for around an hour without physically throwing up all over the place. Secondly, she and Harry both ended up having to stay in the Leaky Cauldron for the rest of the holidays.

   But lastly, on that afternoon the actual Minister of Magic had requested to meet with both Harry and Arabella in one of the rooms of the Leaky Caulderon. The worst part was, he appeared to sympathise with Harry and was a little shaky on the sympathy when it came to Arabella. But the one thing she took from that afternoon was that the whole wizarding world was now talking about her. Everyone in fact, seemed to have their own theory of how Black had managed to escape that night.

   Arabella hurried down the stairs for her tea. She never usually went into the restaurant as she seemed to get stared from everyone wherever she went so she normally got it delivered to her room by the room service. But as she got to the top of the stairs that led down into the restaurant, she was already regretting her decision.

   "I bet you that the rest of his lot from Azkaban helped him escape you know." Whispered an elderly wizard at one of the tables.

   "I think it was his wife, I mean they never caught or found her did they?" Said another elderly witch, earning a few nods from some other magical people in the restaurant area.

   "Oh no, your all wrong," Another Witch chimed in, shaking her head, "Maybe he teamed up with some more.."

   The room instantly fell quiet and every eye in the room was watching her every move as Arabella approached the bar, silently collecting her food and walking back through the maze of tables and up the stairs to her room. She ignored the multiple posters of Sirius Black that were plastered everywhere and on any available space of the wall. She snatched one from the front of her door and stumbled into her room, almost knocking her tray of drab food onto the floor as she did so.

   'Have you seen this Wizard.' It read.

   She stared sadly at his clearly over agitated face covered with anger as he screamed into the camera. For some odd reason she felt a tiny bit of sympathy flow through her, but no it was his fault he was there in the first place. It was his fault he abandoned her.

   Clearly agitated and annoyed herself, Arabella took one last look at the poster before tearing it into shreds and tossing it into a small bin in the corner of her room where her newly bought school books lay.

   She flopped back onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. There wasn't really much left to do in and around Diagon Alley anymore, the novelty had surely worn off only a few days away from the Polkiss' household. Arabella had explored every nook and cranny of it and had even found more shops that she had never seen before.  At least she would be returning to Hogwarts in less than 24 hours, well she would at least be on the Hogwarts express by then, but at this point she wasn't even sure if she wanted too considering all this fuss over Sirius Black.