𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈

HALLUCINATEChapter One

HALLUCINATE
Chapter One

TWO YEARS LATER,
6th August, 1993

"SAGE, HAVE YOU SEEN MY NIRVANA CD ANYWHERE!" Arabella frantically sorted through her school trunk, obliviously tossing aside various clothes and belongings onto Sage's bedroom floor as she did so, "SAGE!"

Arabella's vast assortment of CDs had become her most prized possessions over the past year or two. It was the only thing remotely valuable that Gertrude and Walter would let her own without giving them to Piers. Well technically Piers didn't exactly like the music she listened to anyway and when offered the CDs by Gertrude, he turned them down since he was only into 'real music'.

'Come as you are, as you were..'

"AS I WAAAAANT YOU TO BE," Sage burst through the door of her room singing at the top of her lungs, wearing outrageously large sunglasses and blasting music from Arabella's stereo.

Arabella had been staying at Sage's house for the majority of the summer holidays, Mrs Robinson felt it was a lot safer for her to stay in another half wizarding household after the huge calamity that occurred towards the end of the year. Gertrude and Walter hadn't given it a second thought and thought of it as a chance to rid their lives and the summer holidays of her.

But unfortunately, they requested her presence back in the Polkiss' household for a family gathering she was expected to go to and return for good a few weeks before Arabella and Sage were due to return back to Hogwarts for their third year. That didn't mean that they wouldn't at least owl each other every single day, or rather every single hour, and Mr Robinson couldn't hear the end of their constant chatter about it.

"AS A FRIEND, AS A FRIEND."

She snorted, causing both the girls to erupt into laughter as the stereo fell gently onto the bed and continued to blast Nirvana, the sound filling the vast room, "Sage turn that off, your parents are going to kill us!"

"Us?" Sage smiled as she pushed a button on the stereo, causing the music to pause and the lid to pop up revealing the disk, "You mean me Elle!"

"SAGE! WHAT WAS THAT RACKET COMING FROM YOUR ROOM JUST THEN?" Mrs Robinson's voiced boomed through the upstairs corridor.

"Quick!" She quietly whispered, tucking the disk under her bed cover and helping Arabella dump the stereo into her bag and cover it up with some of the clothes and items tossed about the floor.

"All packed and ready dear?" Mrs Robinson slowly opened the door again and peered at the rest of the room until her eyes were set on Sage, "Ill let you off this time Sage, but come and say bye to Arabella since her Aunt is here to pick her up."