𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘Chapter Twenty Three

𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘
Chapter Twenty Three

It had took Arabella a whole week to figure that she blatantly had way too much on her mind to keep track of, if it wasn't obvious enough already. She had the growing pressure of awaiting her parents owl back from the letter she had sent a few days prior, figuring out where her head was at with Cedric, the new timetable and classes gifted to her by McGonnagal, avoiding Byrnes at any given moment, the Tri-Wizard tournament, and the obvious reason which was that Dumbledore had told her she just so  happened to be related directly to the Merlin himself, and hadn't taken any further action with it after that.

But the topic of her daily daydreams was the family of the Coventrys, shrouded in intriguing mystery, that took any chance it could to riddle it's way irritatingly into Arabella's mind. Maybe it was because she knew very little about it, but it was her natural that compelled her to research anything more that she could find out.

She had spent the entirety of morning break and lunchtime on Friday in the library, nose deep in a pile of ancient looking books, searching for what she hoped to be answers but to no avail. Arabella had searched endlessly through numerous books, titles ranging from 'ancient pureblood familys explained' or 'the mystery of Merlin's magic.' But not one provided anything near the answers that she was looking for.

It got to the point where she had to be dragged out forcefully by Sage, a few minutes before their first ever Defence against the Dark arts lesson that year. So, being true to her hot tempered nature, Arabella left the library in a huff and a terrible mood for two reasons. The first was that she had of course not found what she was looking for whilst in there. But secondly, it was her first ever Defence against the Dark Arts lesson with Alastor Moody as a professor, and only god knew how he could ever compare to her godfather Remus Lupin.

"I swear, that has got to be a first." Sage grinned, her spangly earrings shimmering as she shook her head.

"What?"

"You, picking up a godforsaken book voluntarily." She scoffed.

"Oh shut up," Arabella's eyes rolled, Sage tugging on her arm as she picked up her pace a little, "You trying to be early for a lesson is definitely a first, never mind me."

"Piss off, it's 'cause I don't know what this Moody bloke is like," She scoffed, "and if it's anything judging by the name, then I don't think we necessarily want to be late do we love?"

"All right okay, you made your point," Arabella smirked, shoving her to the side a little, "I'll go after class if you're so bloody worked up about it."

"Why are you so mithered over some manky old books for anyway?"

"I can't tell," She smirked again, tapping the side of her nose, "Private business, you know?"

"Ah, you've got me there Elle," Sage shoved Arabella playfully, "you know I can't stand secrets that aren't mine."

The two girls giggled as they entered the classroom, only to be silenced immediately by the sharp glare of Moody. They straightened up as they walked towards an empty desk at the end of the room.