𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

RACE AGAINST TIMEChapter Thirteen

RACE AGAINST TIME
Chapter Thirteen

The numerous people inhabiting room had magically morphed into one another until finally, with a small thud, the trio came to rest on the solid ground, not a teacher nor student in sight much to their relief.

"What just happened?" Harry questioned as Hermione withdrew the necklace from all three of them, tucking it away safely in her pocket, "Where's Ron?"

"Seven thirty... where were we at seven thirty?" Hermione asked the two of them desperately, without answering Harry's question.

"Weren't you at Hagrid's?" Arabella helpfully added, causing them both to sigh rather loudly.

"Yes of course! But come on because we need to hurry up, and we can't be seen!"

Hermione set off through the doors of the hospital wing and through the corridors, Arabella and Harry close by on her tail. She hadn't the brightest idea what was happening, but judging by the determined look on her friends's face it looked like it had at least something to do with the ridiculous speech Dumbledore had uttered a few moment before they left. That proved useless to her however, since he had always spoke in riddles towards her and she could never understand a word of it.

"Hermione, Hermione wait!" Arabella used the little energy she had left to shout across to Hermione as the trio were speeding their way through one of the outside corridors, "Can you at least explain to me what on earth it is we're doing?"

Hermione stopped at the edge of the brick archway that lead onto the grass, followed by Harry who with the speed he was going at almost crashed into her. Arabella watched and listened in a state of silent horror as the heated conversation between herself and Draco Malfoy replayed before her eyes. Everything made sense now, the weird device of Hermione's sent them back in time for a reason, they were going to save her parents.

"That's us-" Harry stuttered, just as utterly stunned by the sight before him as Arabella was, "this is not normal..."

Before he could say anything else, Hermione had safely dragged him back to the shelter of the stone-bricked corridor whilst she frustratedly pulled out the funny looking device she had used on them earlier.

"This is a time turner Elle and Harry, McGonnagal had given it to me first term. This is how I've been getting to my lessons all year."

"You mean we've gone back in time?"

"Yes."

"Then that means Dumbledore obviously wanted us to return to this moment right?" Arabella asked, her brows knitted in both deep thought and confusion, "something here must have happened that he wanted us to change."