𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗

BETRAYAL Chapter Ten

BETRAYAL
Chapter Ten

"Sirius Black." Arabella had never felt so much fear in her life. How funny, terrified of her own father.

A glimmer of hurt flooded across his weakened features, he opened his mouth to speak but he didn't dare. Instead he raised his wand, "Expelliarmus!"

Harry, Hermione and Arabella's wands all shot out of their hands and were collected into Black's, "I knew you'd come to save your friend," his eyes wandered to Harry, "your father would have done the same for me. Brave of you to not run to a teacher, it makes everything much easier..."

She knew that the mention of Harry's father would agitate him even more, but even so she was surprised when actually lunged forward. It was Hermione who was brave enough to hold him back, "Harry no!" She whispered.

"If you're going to kill Harry, you'll have to kill me first!" Arabella blurted out of nowhere, stepping in front of Harry and Hermione, sheltering them with her arms.

A flicker of lightheartedness lit up Black's eyes, "You are just like your mother..."

"I'm nothing like her, or you," She snapped. Arabella hoped that she appeared less frightened on the outside than what she did on the inside, "You will have to kill me if you are going to kill Harry okay?"

Something like amusement was painted across his face, "No, only one will die tonight."

"Why's that, didn't care last time did you? Didn't mind slaughtering all those muggles to get at Pettigrew- what's the matter, gone soft in Azkaban?" Harry hissed from behind Arabella.

"Harry be quiet!" Hermione whispered.

"HE KILLED MY MUM AND DAD!" Harry broke past the two of them and attacked Black which turned into a massive free for all. Hermione was screaming, Ron was almost in tears and Harry was shouting things even Arabella couldn't work out.

Harry rolled Arabella and Hermione's wand back to them before grabbing his own and pointing it towards Black's neck, "Are you going to kill me harry?" He chuckled.

How sickening.

The door swung open immediately and all attention was averted to the person behind the door, "Expelliarmus!"

Professor Lupin collected Harry's wand and gestured for him to stand with Arabella, Hermione and Ron who were perched in the corner of the room, half-frightened and half-weary.

"Well, well Sirius, looking rather ragged aren't you?" Lupin aimed his own wand at Sirius, looming over him, "Finally the flesh reflects the madness within."

"Well you'd know all about the madness within wouldn't you Remus?" Black questioned, a smile forming across his ghostly pale skin.

Lupin's face cracked into a grin and he lowered his wand, helping his friend off the floor.