𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗

FAMILY HISTORYChapter Twenty Nine

FAMILY HISTORY
Chapter Twenty Nine

Detention that evening was ... bareable, to say the least. Moody had urgent business to attend to as soon as herself and Blaise entered the room, and begun to express rather animatedly towards McGonnagall as she dismissed him. The two found humour in the situation however, and were sat on directly opposite sides of the room covering their silent snickering with their hands.

Afterwards, Blaise ran off rather expectantly towards Theo and Pansy, who were stood at the farthest end of the corridor, their lungs gasping desperately for air as they recovered from a joke one of them had told.

As for Arabella, she took advantage of the desolately abandoned hallway on her traipse back to the Gryffindor common room. The chilling October temperature setting in the air around her, her whole body shivering in the cool grasp of the cold.

A quick, brief glance at the watch strapped across her wrist told her it was around seven-twenty, and giving that she had more than enough time to reach the dorms, Arabella slowed her pace and finally took time to take in her surroundings as the familiar ocean of darkness rapidly crept across the skies, infecting the fluffy white of the sky with an inky black.

The darkness never failed to calm her, and brought with it what felt to her like an age of silence. Peace seeped throughout her bones as she gazed longingly at the sky, desperate to get a final glimpse at it before she dragged herself within the depths of the windowless castle walls.

"Ow, Jesus Christ." Arabella gripped her shoulder, attempting to silence the slight pain that was searing through her side. Her eyes glanced upwards, hoping to god that she wouldn't be unlucky enough to have bumped into a seventh year, the thought drawing her out of her trance. But her stomach lurched as she set eyes upon who she just so happened to bump in to. Maybe if she was quick she would be able to run away, hide in the charms corridor or...

"Miss Black?" Byrnes boomed, his eyes alight as he took pleasure in her own embarrassment. He watched as her face fell, her eyes swimming in something that he had never cared to notice within her before: fear.

"I-er-" She couldn't bare to focus properly, and scolded herself mentally for letting him see her in a weakened state. Her mother's words flooded her mind as she bit her tongue, preventing herself from slipping up any further.

"I highly suggest that you take further precautions to prevent things like this from ever happening again," He stepped back, the beginnings of a smirk forming on his lips, "Did your mother never teach you to pay attention when you are walking alone? Oh, wait."

How dare he. Arabella longed to punch him right in his face, oh the deep satisfaction she would feel. But no, she couldn't let him know he had irritated her deeply.

"Have you ever had any ounce of respect in your body," She turned to face him, and in return he raised his eyebrow, as if to dare her to say more, "or did it disappear when you sold yourself to Voldemort?"