The cake

Scropia POV:

     Since the plan was a success Catra has been happy talking about the next phase and everything. I was so proud and happy for her but I had a plan in mind for today. With Catra talking about all day she also mentioned today was Adora’s birthday!

Now I know she is our prisoner and everything but it is still her birthday so I thought I would make her a cake. Catra and everyone talked about how they and Adora liked the gray ration bars instead of the other brown kind, so I decided to make the cake out of them. I also headed to Entrapta’s to see if she wanted to help me. 

On the way though I ran into Catra. "Did you place the decoy last night like I asked?" I definitely spaced my mind that we did that but I responded with "Oh yeah right that! Me and the team fixed double trouble up a bit to look injured, gave him the sword and put him where they would find him."

She looked up giving me a quick smile and then turned away. "Good and did you make sure they found it?" "Yep they did both the sword and "Adora" are at Brighmoon."

Growling a bit I heard a thanks as she looked up at me again with her cheeks a bit red. Then her facial expression changed fast as she gave me a stern look. “What is all that in your hand?”

"Oh this is just making a cake for Adora, I know she is our prisoner but it is still her birthday." Her claws turned into fist but quickly opened up again as she got an idea. "Okay you can make a cake."

     Then she turned and walked away. After I just walked into Entrapta’s room setting the stuff on the table. “Hey Entrapta,hey Emily, how's it going?” Stopping from typing on the computer she lifted mer mask. “It is going precisely to plan soon we will have endless dimensions to explore with endless amounts of life and science.” 

"Sounds great! Do you wanna take a break and help me make a cake for Adora's birthday?" "I can’t figure out the equation in the scientific structure of large objects being put into heat. I always have robots do it and it is tiny." 

    "Ohhh you have never cooked before. I was confused there for a second, don’t worry I will teach you. I used to cook with my family all the time when I was little."

    "Then I will help you make this, what do you call it, a cake?" Not long after we got the cake into the oven. After we worked on her science till it was done and headed to the black garnet chamber. 

     Adora was up when we got there with Catra already there waiting for us. "Hey Adora we made you a cake, happy birthday! I heard how much you liked the gray ration bars more then the brown kind so I hope you like it!"

    She smiled but before she could say anything Catra took and threw the cake onto the ground. "How does it feel Adora to be all alone on your birthday. Your friends don’t know you're gone, they fell for the decoy."

    Adora looked down tears filled her eyes as her fist turned white from how hard she was squeezing them into balls. "That isn’t true they care about me and will come for me." Adora said quietly, her voice scratchy as she spoke. 

   "Aww poor Adora, can’t face the facts.Guess you will just find out the hard way then." After she turned and headed towards the door but stopped to look back saying one more thing before walking out. "Get some sleep, we start tomorrow."

     I looked down sadly at the cake, lucky the cake was still okay so I picked it up. I felt bad so I sang her happy birthday and had some cake with her. I know it isn’t what she wanted in that moment but I could tell it made her feel a little better. She didn’t talk much but before I left she said "thank you it was an amazing cake," giving me a half smile. I gave her a half smile in return "your welcome," and headed out the door.