Back To The Darkness

Warning: This scene contains triggering content. Mentions of past assault and suicide.

  Gwyn painted a silent smile on her face as she made her way down the stairs. 

  It seemed that the Shadowsinger was not very happy when she actually made him move to the left wing.

 "Do not worry, Shadowsinger. I heard the left wing has a better view of the barn litter," Gwyn smirked as she met him in the foyer.

  He was clad in his black leathers, so armed to the teeth that even a touch would cut anyone instantly. 

 "Minimal weapons, my arse," Gwyn muttered under her breath.

 "Did you say something again? Or you were just observing my appearance?" Azriel raised a brow. 

  Gwyn found that she enjoyed their little flirtatious banter, more than she would like to admit.

 "Just thought you needed an extra knife, I do not think you are wearing enough," she coughed.

  Azriel only smirked back and led them out to the forest. It would be getting dark soon so it was best that they did not waste time bickering.

  The forest was silent, breathing in the new scents of the Shadowsinger and Priestess.  They began their journey through the mysterious darkness. 

 "Did you have a plan?" Gwyn broke the silence.

 "I was just going to feel it out first...see if my shadows capture any special attention."

 "Do not worry about that, they definitely capture a special attention," Gwyn ensured.

 "What do you mean?" Azriel's brows furrowed. His reaction only made Gwyn reconsider the entire statement.

 "Because..well," she thought for a moment. 

 "Because, they are beautiful," Gwyn breathed.

  Azriel halted in his tracks, shocking Gwyn while doing so.

 "You think...my shadows are beautiful?" Azriel, stuttered.

 "Well, of course. Doesn't everyone think so?"

 "Uh," Azriel shook his head, facing the ground. "No.Never."

  Gwyn's heart broke at the sight of him and so she moved closer. "Well now you know, Azriel."

  His head snapped up at the sound of his voice and he began to speak.

 "They give you character and outline your features," Gwyn interrupted. 

  Gwyn stop! You sound like a silly fool.

 "I...well...thank you," Azriel spoke in a hushed tone that she had never heard before. She felt a tension in the air and decided to move along the path. Trying to act as casual as possible. As if her neck was not staining with red patches.

 "I never got to officially congratulate you for winning the blood rite...what you did, was extraordinary," Azriel said from behind her.

  Now it was Gwyn who halted and turned her face, "Is that a compliment, Shadowsinger?"

  Azriel closed in on her, breathing on back of her neck. "Do not let it get to your head, Priestess."

  "The infamous Spymaster and Shadowsinger compliments me on my extraordinary work, and it is not supposed to go straight to my head? Does that sound right?" she was teasing.