The Last One

Gwyn Berdara stood atop her sister's grave.

  She had not dared to come back to Sangravah for years.

  She had not dared to come to her sisters grave.

  Gwyn clasped Azriel's hand, her other hand, clasped with Tamlin's.

  The Inner circle all stood behind them in silence.

  Gwyn lowered herself to place Catrin's favourite flower's on the grave. Elain was kind enough to locate them for Gwyn.

  She turned to Elain, smiling weakly in thanks. Elain nodded her head, her eyes shinning in tears.

 The, Gwyn kneeled and bowed her head to the grave. "I wish you could have been here.." Gwyn whispered.

 "I wish you could have met them all. I wish you could have met Azriel.."

 "I wish you could have met our Father," Gwyn cried out, Azriel bent and only held her tighter.

 "I wish I could have met your mate...and your future children. I wish I could have grown old with you."

 "I hate that you were ripped away from me so soon...before we even got to live."

 "I am so sorry that I haven't been able to come see you until now. I was so weak...so vulnerable...so broken," she gulped.

 "But I have been woken from my trance...and I will come visit you so much until you are absolutely sick of me."

  Tamlin  lowered himself onto the grave, and held her hand, his tears leaking on his cheek. "I wish I could have met you, Catrin. Remember that there will always be a place for you in Spring Court."

 "And maybe, we may meet one day," Tamlin whispered up the skies.

  Gwyn only cried harder, pulling Tamlin into her arms.

  They just sobbed.

  They sobbed until it was nightfall and everyone dispersed.

  "There is something else I want to do," she gazed at Azriel.

*****

  Gwyn stood in the hallway, where it had all happened.

  The table was there.

  Even some of her blood stained the floor.

  Azriel was behind her....that moment only for them.

  Her fingers were trembling as she paced around the space, remembering every detail.

  Her heart almost giving away.

  But then she gazed up at her beautiful mate, his shadows comforting her, just like they always had.

 "This place will never hold power over me, again," she announced, standing right in front of the table.

 "He will never hold power over me again."

  Azriel neared her, his hands gently grazing up and down her back.

 "This was the place that my sister and I shared our life...our best memories...and I will be damned if they take that away from us."

 "I am so proud of you, my love," he whispered in her ear.

  Gwyn twisted her body, fully facing him. "Thank you, for saving me."

 "Gwyn,"

 "I know I have said it so much but...I will never be able to say it enough."

  Azriel connected their foreheads."Thank you, for saving me," he repeated.

 "There is a temple here..." he started, the lingering question in the air.

 "Yes.."

 "Would you go with me now?" his eyes were so gentle, so full of life.

 "I will go anywhere with you."

  So the couple called for their friends once more, directing them to the temple of Sangravah.

  Gwyn and Azriel stood at the alter, both hands trembling, eyes leaking.

 "You sang our song," she said.

 "I will never stop sining our song," he placed the band on her finger.

 "I will build us a home, just for us, and our future family."

  Gwyn's tears were rushing down her face.

 "I want a beautiful life with you, Gwyn Berdara."

 "I want a beautiful life with you, Azriel. Forever."

  And in that moment...

  It was truly...

  The beginning of Gwyn and Azriel.