Who Would Have Thought?

Azriel was waiting for Gwyn as she departed from Tamlin.

  The couple had barely woken in time to meet the beast for Gwyn's scheduled sunrise.

  He almost did not want to give her up...he just wanted to keep on holding her in their bed.

  But as Gwyn walked back from the hill, and Azriel witnessed the beaming smile on her face...he knew he had made the right decision.

  Gwyn ran down the rest of the way and jumped into his arms.

  They kissed just as the sun hit the middle of the sky.

  Azriel just basked in the feel of the warmth mixed with her touch.

  Who would have thought he would be kissing so romantically during the sunrise?

  But, they had to go back to training today, so Azriel widowed them back to the townhouse to change.

 Gwyn dressed in a shirt that showcased all the markings that Azriel had made on her body the night before...and Azriel wore one that also showed his matching markings.

  Gwyn had been ravenous after that first time with the toy. She had become so greedy for him...so responsive to his touch.

  And she marked him with a possessiveness that made him go weak.

  The couple proudly walked hand in hand, both wearing their marks, to the rink that day. 

  It had been incredible to experience a day of training with her fully by his side.

  No more secrets.

  No more hidden heated glances.

  No more frantic kisses in the back room.

  Azriel held her close for them all to see...and she did the same.

  Gwyn also had unlimited stamina during practice today, she was beating almost all her contenders. 

  Azriel ended up on the ground as she straddled him.

  He had let her win that time..

  Gwyn just giggled and held a hand out to him.

  They left practice very sore, but very happy.

  "Let's have dinner on one of the patios tonight?" Azriel asked once they reached the house.

  Gwyn smiled up at him, "Are you asking me out on a date?"

  Azriel paused, "I guess I am.."

 "Eight o'clock, Shadowsinger. And do not be late.." she smirked as she headed for the stairs to prepare.

  Now, they were currently lounging under the stars, sitting at one of the patios. 

  Azriel always wanted to sit with his mate like that, having dinner so regularly.

  Who would have thought that the Shadowsinger's wishes had finally come true.

  As he gazed out at her, his heart beat once again in a new rhythm. 

  Gwyn looked stunning in her white sparkled gown, sitting with one leg crossed over the other, showcasing her painted toes in her high sandals. She was leaning back in her chair, sipping wine, and beaming for them all to see.

 "Did you see me today, Az?" she giggled at her glass.

 "I am getting better everyday.." she smiled at him.

  Azriel went to hold onto her hand from across the table. "I do not expect anything less from my Valkyrie."

  Gwyn blushed at that, "You let me win that last round?"