Find My Way Back To You

The woman began to sing, and Azriel almost fell down to his knees.

  Azriel had never witnessed such beauty.

  He wanted to bow to her feet and repent on every single sin he had committed.

  Because even the Gods, would be envious of such a voice.  

****

  And in that room of snickering men, Azriel began to sing for the first in hundred's of years.

  The woman's own voice caught in surprise, quickly trying to harmonize with his.

  Every, single, person, disappeared.

  All Azriel could do was stare at her glowing face. Her beautiful breaths, her beautiful lips. The way her shoulders rose were a form of wonder.

  The necklace, sitting along the lines of her collarbones, was also singing with them...shining.

  He could not believe that it had taken this long for him to hear her sing.

  He could not believe that it taken this long for him to sing next to her.

  But nothing, in his entire life, had felt so right, until now.

  But that voice...was not just from a memory.

  That voice..felt concrete and real.

  That voice was singing right beside him.

  And Azriel wanted to desperately reach it...to feel it with every part of his body.

  He wanted to find himself back to that voice...to the woman with the voice.

  Gwyneth.

  Gwyneth.

  Gwyneth.

  The answer to every one of his questions.

  He needed to find himself back to her...to his mate...to his life.

  His Mate.

  The universe had graced him with a Mate.

  Azriel just needed to fight a little longer.

  He could explain everything to her when he woke...he would never want to waste time again.

  Then her song hit a note that sent his shadows flying.

  They were swarming and screaming for him to wake.

  Open your eyes, and witness your mate in all her glory, they seemed to say.

  Azriel fought.

  And fought.

  And fought.

  Gwyn reached the climax of the melody, and her voice echoed through every cell in his body.

 "Find your way back to me," she whispered.

  And his eyes snapped open.

  He stared up at her in pure wonder, she was even more beautiful than he remembered.

  Gwyn had tears leaking down her chin.

  Azriel reached up with a shaky finger, and wiped them all away.

  Then he parted his lips and spoke the words that he had always meant to say.

 "I will never be late again."