We'll Be A Fine Line

Azriel kept an arm around Gwyn as she began to speak her heart.

  She wore a smile that even the sun could not outshine.

  Tamlin was sitting on his paws, smiling and nodding to everything she said.

  Gwyn had been speaking about her sister for over an hour, but Azriel held onto every single word.

 "Catrin was one minute older," Gwyn chuckled shaking her head.

 "She never ever let me forget it and used that to her advantage," she paused.

 "Gwyny, go jump in the water first to see if it is cold...try it out for your older sister," Gwyn mimicked in a laugh.

  "She could be such a brat sometimes," Gwyn smiled wild, remembering their moments together.

 "I would be up reading and making bracelets and she would be down in the forests, finding any animal to claim as a pet," Gwyn gazed at Tamlin.

 "She definitely got her wild side from you.."

  Tamlin's eyes were glassy, but not from a sadness...more of a pride.

 "We would fight sometimes, but she would always bring me flowers right after...she always loved to bring me flowers," Gwyn squeezed onto Azriel.

 "Catrin was very protective of me, she took her older sisters duties very seriously," she breathed, "Even at the end..."

  Gwyn could not speak after that and Azriel's wings gently swarmed around them in a comforting heat.

  Tamlin observed every movement that Azriel made with a watchful eye, no doubt noting how Azriel's wings would instinctively move closer if Gwyn was uncomfortable.

  Tamlin finally met eyes with Azriel, and gave him a nod of...unconditional support and approval.

  Azriel nodded back as he stood from his spot on the couch.

  "Gwyn and I have other evening plans to attend," he watched as Gwyn had turned white.

 "Thank you for sitting with us, Tamlin."

  Tamlin sensed that Gwyn was finished for tonight, "Of course, it was my pleasure to hear your stories, Gwyneth."

  Gwyn stood with trembling legs, heading for the door.

  She turned just before she exited, "I made a bargain with Azriel back in spring.." she paused.

 "I bargained him my sunsets... because you had my sunrises.."

  No one breathed.

 "And I want you to know that I would still be interested in watching the sunrise with you...once a week."

  Tamlin let out a breath.

 "Gwyneth," he bowed his head, "I would like nothing more than to have a sunrise with you once a week."

  Gwyn gave him a smile, "Then, once a week, we will meet back here and watch the sunrise."

  Tamlin nodded, unable to speak.

 "Thank you for listening..."

 "Of course."

 "And thank you for going into the forest for us...for Catrin and I."

  Gwyn had to leave after that.

  Azriel was still so proud of her nonetheless. 

  The couple walked through Velaris, hand in hand, for the first time, in broad daylight.