〜 chapter 10 〜

After a time of sitting in the tavern with Venti and waiting for the others to come back, the bard next to me decided to play a little song on his lyre.

It was a beautiful sound and I could feel that is was harder and harder to hold my eyes open. I haven't slept in a while and now was the best time for a little nap, wasn't it?

I laid my arms on the counter in front of me and rested my head on them, closing my eyes and listening to the sound of the lyre.

I could hear Venti slightly chuckling before I fell into a deep slumber...

...

It was dark.

Just dark.
I couldn't see anything around me and reached out my arm to feel something, but there was nothing.

The only thing I could feel was the ground under my feet. It was a rough ground with Little stones here and there.

After a moment, I could see something in the distance. It glowed red and the light got brighter and brighter every second.

I slowly made my way towards the light but tripped over a rock on the round.

I shielded my face with my left arm as I fell to the ground and as I reached the cold, rough stone-ground, I could feel a stinging pain in my left hand.

I couldn't see my hand but felt a liquid that dropped from my finger and was sure it was my blood.

I didn't cared much about it and was standing up again.

I held my slightly injured hand with my other one and made my way to the light again.

I reached it and saw the cause of the reddish glowing object and saw that it was a small red crystal.

A familiar crystal to be honest.

I reached my hand to my neck, just to notice that my chain with the crystal was gone.

"Weird..."

I thought, than reaching my hand for the one at the ground but an inch before, it got a crack.

I flinched a little bit and stopped my actions.

Nothing happened for a moment but then, the crystal broke into a thousand of pieces all of a sudden.

I quickly took my hand back to me and took a step back. The light also vanished and I was met with the darkness again.

It scared me.

What was happening?

This is a dream, right?

"...( y/n )"

I could hear someone whispering my name and turned around, trying to figure out where the voice came from.

"( y/n )"

I heard it again, this time a little bit louder

"( Y/N )"

It sounded like the person stood directly behind me but as I turned around... nothing... again...

It was a female voice, that for sure. And somehow it sounded familiar but no matter how much I thought, I couldn't remember to who the voice belongs.

And than again

"( Y/N )"

It was louder