〜 chapter 41 〜

Like expected, Paimon choose the largest piece of paper that was hanging on the wall and grabbed it with her small hands.

"Huh, Well that was an easy search, haha!"

The little pixie said, satisfied with what she decided to grab, especially as she saw that there was a place marked on the paper and thought that it maybe would lead to a treasure.

"Ohhh there is a place marked on here?! Could it be? A treasure! Whatever it is, it better make us filthy rich! Lets see what's written on here..."

Paimon then analyzing all the things on the piece of paper as Ningguang looked at the little pixie in amusement, admiring the energy that Paimon had just because of a sheet of paper.

""Sigil"..."of permission"..."Something, something"..."Fatui"..."research"..."copy"... huh?"

That were the words that the pixie read and was seemingly confused and also kinda disappointed as she noticed that this would most likely not lead to a treasure as her happy expression slightly dropped.

"Aww that doesn't sound like a treasure at all..."

She disappointed said, Ninggunag slightly chuckled as I just sweat-dropped of the sudden change in mood.

"Let me see"

I said, reaching out for the paper as Paimon gave it over to me, not interested in it anymore as I analyzed it myself.

"It shows that the Qixing spy discovered traces of classified Fatui research on the on the sigil of permission..."

I said so Aether also would understand what all the words that Paimon said before, meant.

"Oh, Lady Ningguang did say that the Fatui have been up to all kind of mischief in the shadows of Liyue... spreading rumors, wanting to get their hands on the Archons body and what not"

The little pixie then said, hands on her hips as I turned my head to the paper again and slightly sweat-dropped, knowing that this was true.

"But research on the sigil of permission? Paimon wonders what they're up to... speaking of which, there's also a connection between you and the sigil of permission, Aether. Seems there's still more for us to find out"

She continued, turning to the blonde-haired traveler.

"It's all unfolding a little too perfect..."

He said, looking down at the paper that I now gave him.

"Oh, you really think so? Well... should we not go then?"

Paimon asked, curious about what exactly Aether meant.

"No, what I mean is..."

"Oh oh, so you're saying that it's precisely because we can't completely trust Ningguang that we should confirm the truth of what she says ourselves"

Paimon said before Aether had the chance to explain himself. It was kinda ironic that they have now issues to trust the new people they met, concerned of them might be the enemy when the true spy was already under them from the beginning...

I couldn't lie, I felt bad for what I was doing but it was still fun to travel with the two, even if we had to part ways someday. I just hope they can forgive me...

We then decided to go to the place that was marked on the piece of paper, inspecting it to see if there were really some Fatui agents before we would go to see Zhongli again.

I didn't really knew if I should go with them because if there were Fatui, I had to fight them and I didn't wanted to fight against comrades. And also, they may spit something mindlessly out if I go with
the others.

"Aether, Paimon... Ehm, is it ok if me meet at Dihua marsh then? I still have something on my to-do list and don't know if I have the chance to do all that things after we are done with our deal here in Liyue"

I said, just hoping that they would agree and didn't ask any further.

"Hmm... Paimon is ok with that as long as you bring some food!"

The little pixie then excitedly said with a big grin on her face as I slightly chuckled and nodded at her.

Aether then also nodded in agreement as we smiled at each other for a moment until we decided that it would be time to say goodbye to Ningguang for now.

"Lady Ningguang, thank you for the invitation"

I said, bowing in respect at the other female as Aether did the same.

"Oh please, drop the formalities. And I'm glad you came, travelers. It was an honor to meet you. Till we see again"

She said, smiling at me as I returned the gesture.

"The pleasure is mine. See you soon"

I said, now turning towards Aether and Paimon who were already waiting for me and we left the building again.

———————————————————————————

A/N

Hey heyy,

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and really, thank you for still reading 🙏 🤍

I'm glad that I could at least post a little earlier today and maybe also will tomorrow but I'm not sure. And also, a friend comes over for a few nights but I'm still trying to publish a chapter every day. They will just come out late then and maybe doesn't be that long but better a kinda short chapter then no chapter right? ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Anyways,
Hope you had / have a good day and see you hopefully soon <33

~ Author-Chan