Chapter Seventeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

            I looked up from the couch as I saw the guys come in. I heard them come up in the motorcycles. Fawn, Dawn and I were in my living room watching the movie X-men. One of my favourites. We’d mostly been watching movies all day to help all of us wind down. My dogs were happy as hell to have the people around. I could tell that Gemma wasn’t too big of a fan of the younger two at first since they were excited and jumping around to meet the new people, but once they had calmed down, I think Gemma was starting to warm up to them, or at least tolerate them.

            I think that she liked Buddy the most. But I knew that he had a way of warming up to hearts. Gemma went down beside the dog and petted him and she looked up at me and said, “this your baby you were telling me about?” And all I could do was nod. Donna liked him too and he was pretty protective of her baby belly, but he still stuck close to me. It was Sarah that stuck close to Donna though. Old souls I guess. I had been on the couch all day, or at least most of the day so that I wouldn’t make my ribcage worse.

            After the incident at the clubhouse, we called Eli so that he could watch the prisoner while Heck and I were here. I was inside with Gemma keeping an eye on everyone else while Heck was outside by the end of the driveway watching for Niners or mysterious vehicles if they came. Things were good all day though. We didn’t have any problems at my house and Eli reported to us every hour that our prisoner was fine.

            I saw Clay come in first, followed by Jax and Opie before I saw Tig come in as well with Chibs. I gave them a smile from the couch. They were tall enough that they were able to see me. When my adrenaline died down again, my ribs ached a lot. I ran far too hard again and I felt like my ribs broke all over again.

            Telling Opie first since I knew that was what he was concerned about the most, “Donna’s sleeping in my room. She was a little tried after supper.”

            He gave me a smile, “thank you Rowen.”

            I told him, “go up the stairs and it’s the first right.”

            He nodded and I saw him heading up the stairs to check on his wife. I could only image how scared he would have been when Tig said someone shot up the clubhouse. If I wasn’t there I would have been concerned for Donna too, and she wasn’t pregnant with my kids.

            I turned my attention to Tig as he went over to his girls to say hello. The sixteen and thirteen year old looked at him and gave them hugs each and I could tell that Dawn’s was longer. I’d only ever heard of Tig’s family before, never actually met them or seen pictures. The girls were interesting.

            Well no, Colleen was interesting.

            I was surprised her and Gemma didn’t knife each other.

            The girls loved the dogs. And Molly and Boomer adored the attention. Molly didn’t leave them all day except for when checking with Luann, who also gave her quite some attention. Boomer was happy going between all of us, but giving Fawn and Dawn a bit more attention.

            The girls had a mouth on them, which I didn’t know came from Colleen or Tig, but it was prominent. They were pretty respectful though to me. Whether it was because they liked me or not I didn’t know, but they didn’t give me any trouble. I also gave them a bit of a free leash though.

            I heard Gemma come into the living room to welcome them back, going to Clay to give him a hug and kiss before going to Jax. After the greeting, Clay looked at me and told me, “Happy and Juice went to the clubhouse to deal with our hostage and see about what we can do about the broken glass.”