Chapter Twenty-Seven

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

  I woke up the next morning from the sun shining into my window. I was on my side, my back to the person next to me, but I could still feel his heat. I remembered last night instantly and I looked over my shoulder a bit to see that Jacob was still sleeping. Getting up, I walked naked to my bathroom. I got to my skin and I splashed warm water in my face to help wake me up. Afterwards, I took my face cloth and patted my face before I looked in the mirror. I didn't actually look too bad from last night. My hair was pretty mellow but it still had some curls in it. As I was about to turn back into my room and get dressed, I noticed my arm wound. I stared at it and noticed that it was a bit more red around the bandages than before. I frowned and felt it. It felt warm too.

            My face twisted a little bit and I moved under the sink to my small medicine chest that I had here in case I or someone else needed it and the guys weren't stocked up. I took out my thermometer and put it under my tongue for the directed time. I wanted to take my bandages off, but I knew that Chibs was the medic and I didn't want to compromise myself.

            I heard Jacob groan and move a bit in my bed. I took out my thermometer and saw that I was at normal level. Soon I saw Jacob get out of my bed from the bathroom doorway and I shrugged and began to put the thermometer back. Jacob was standing in the doorway when I stood back up and felt my skin around my bandages again.

            Jacob asked me, "I've been meaning to ask you about that. I hope I didn't make it worse last night."

            I shook my head, "it's fine. I'm just checking it. I thought that it felt hot, but it must just be the blankets and sunlight on my shoulders while I was sleeping."

            "No fever?" Jacob asked.

            I shook my head and added, "and no pain. Must just be me."

            Jacob nodded and asked, "can I ask how you got it."

            I shook my head and turned to him, "not particularly. Just an accident. I wasn't paying attention...whatever."           

            He nodded and I moved past him and he said, "I should get going."

            I nodded and opened my dresser drawers, "I'll lead you out."

            As he was putting on his clothes from last night, I put on a bra and panties before putting on a black tank top and some light blue denim shorts. I turned and looked at him to see him buckling the belt before she grinned. He grinned back at her and they walked side by side out of her room. Now that it was light and sex wasn't on the agenda, Jacob was looking around the hallway. I was surprised that it was so quiet, but I guessed that the guys were up late talking with Kiara or had another poker run.

            Jacob turned to me as we turned the corner, "you work for the Sons of Anarchy, don't you?"

            I raised my eyebrow and looked up at him, pushing my hands into my pockets. I shrugged and said, "prospecting actually."

            He nodded, "I heard that their clubhouse was around TM, didn't think literally around."

            I chuckled a bit and I asked him, "that scare you?"

            He looked over at me and grinned, "you don't scare me yet. I don't know what you're capable of if you got favoured by a motorcycle one-percenter club."