Chapter Twenty-Five

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

            Kiara and I walked out of the bedroom I was taking over in the club house. I was in a tight, one sleeved black dress and Kiara was in a tight silver dress that was strapless. Both of us had matching heels and had our hair and make-up done. We were in my room, catching up as we went over all of her dresses. When I was surprised about the dresses that came out of the back of her car, she raised her eyebrows 'of course I have everything, I knew you wouldn't have a dress! Just like in college. Thankfully we have the same body type, but you're shorter."

            I had my hair curled and took a small across the body purse to put my phone and wallet in in case the guys called me for business. I was off the clock and after a couple of hours of getting ready, it was getting sundown and I knew that Kiara was ready.

            Kiara and I had been best friends since we first met each other in my first year of college. We went to the same school, different program. She went in to become a pilot and she got out with the best grades in class. We worked at the same job for four years and she was helping to train me and we more than got along well. Ever since, she was like another sister to me. We did practically everything together and we knew everything about each other and we had a lot of similarities in what we liked and how we acted.

            Going along the hallway, our heels clicked against the floor.

            I saw the guys playing poker at the table and they all looked over at us, Gemma standing over Clay and she looked up as well. She grinned and said, "oh I remember those days. Miss em' too."

            Tig asked, "Jesus where the hell are you going?"

            "Out." I shrugged.

            I could tell that this was new territory for the guys. I've never gotten dressed up in front of them. I looked and was going to do something that...well that someone my age does, goes out with friends and goes to clubs, is probably going to grind on someone, possibly have sex, make-out, get some drinks, maybe get buzzed.

            Sometimes I forget that I'm significantly younger than all but four of the members and then I feel exposed.

            Kozik looked over at Kiara and said, "you know, you never really introduced me to your friend."

            "Did you know it's rude to talk to a girl that is in front of you in the third person? And it's Kiara for your information." Kiara said in a sassy tone  with a small and sly smile on her face and I couldn't help but snicker. Like me, Kiara held herself high and proud.

            Kozik looked shocked and Opie chuckled before looking up at me and asked, joking, "either way, isn't that dress a little short?"

            My smile flopped. I knew what he was doing. I knew that he was helping to decrease the tension and make jokes, but I knew that he was putting on the fake protective big brother joke. Jax laughed at my expression and I told Opie, "shut up."

            Kiara grinned and Bobby joined in, "make good choices."

            "Don't drink and drive." Chibs chuckled, making the grins widen.

            "Be back by midnight." Jax joked.

            The guys began to laugh and I shook my head and the two of us began to walk, although I was trying to hide my smile, "fuck off."

            "Use a condom!" Tig yelled, creating a roar of laughter from the guys and Gemma, even making me crack a smile. Kiara was laughing a bit too and before we made it to the doorway. I put my hand and middle finger up as I screamed, "bye!"